Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands?

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #1  

chilly81

Tractor
John Deer 750
I have an old 1985 JD 750 4wd that's going to need rear wheels and tires at some point and they are awful pricey.

With JD's reputation for costly parts, I was wondering if other brands are cheaper or generic wheels are available? Thinking if you can get these custom spacers made to adapt to a different bolt pattern? You'd probably be limited to 6 bolt (the original) unless it was a vastly different bolt circle diameter, so the two sets didn't intersect.

Anyway is that something people do, and would it be even worth it to help save on new wheels and maybe get a little wider track width at the same time (not that I'd really need that otherwise)?

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #2  
" I was wondering if other brands are cheaper or generic wheels are available?"

Price generic and other brands to find out. ;)

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands?
So assume I delete that part. Is that what spacers are used for, or am I breaking new ground with this idea?

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #4  
Do the wheel centers bolt onto the outer rims?

In that case, you will just need the outer rims.

It may be that you could get new outer rims, and weld on either the original JD mounting points or make something similar.

You could also give up on the demountable outer rims, and simply weld your old rim centers onto new outer rims.

Hunt around for some used parts. Here in Western Oregon we have Farmland Tractor that has several hundred tractor wheels of different sizes.

They do ship, however, there must be other tractor wrecking yards scattered across the country.

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #5  
What size are your rear wheels?

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #6  
Yes JD parts can be expensive but most importantly they are often available and they are generally cheaper than Cat for example.

Try Hey Wheel in Kansas they stock lots of generics and can build you wheels with just about any bolt pattern, hub circle, and offset for reasonable price.

/ Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #7  
I have an old 1985 JD 750 4wd that's going to need rear wheels and tires at some point and they are awful pricey.

With JD's reputation for costly parts, I was wondering if other brands are cheaper or generic wheels are available? Thinking if you can get these custom spacers made to adapt to a different bolt pattern? You'd probably be limited to 6 bolt (the original) unless it was a vastly different bolt circle diameter, so the two sets didn't intersect.

Anyway is that something people do, and would it be even worth it to help save on new wheels and maybe get a little wider track width at the same time (not that I'd really need that otherwise)?
I do not know your location or what size tire/wheel you need. I have a set of Custom made steel adapters that bolted to the 6 bolt hubs of my Yanmar YM2000 ( thats who made your 750 ). Any standard AG Wheels with an 8 bolts on 8" circle will bolt to. They could be
1-piece wheels or the 2-piece style ( steel plate center and bare rim with 6 mounting loops. I had moved up to 11.2 x28 R1's from the 10-24 Rice Tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3727.JPG
    IMG_3727.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3729.JPG
    IMG_3729.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 22
   / Using wheel spacers to adapt to different wheels / bolt spacings / brands? #8  

Pictures added to my previous post