using front loader joystic to raise and lower sickle mower bar?

/ using front loader joystic to raise and lower sickle mower bar? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello this has probably been asked before but i just have trouble finding it and just want to make sure i am thinking correctly. I am looking at getting a sickle mower for my farm and looking at the superior, enrossi, or other such model i do not have rear remotes but i do have a front loader. Can i use the bucket curl/tilt function to raise and lower the sickle bar if i got a hydraulic one. I realize i would have to have longer hydraulic hoses , or extensions made to reach the joystick ports but as long as i take the bucket off while mowing then all i would need up front is the ability to raise and lower The main loader up and down. and use the other two ports to raise and lower. the remote kit for my tractor, New Holland t 1510 is over a grand. This is the only hydraulic implement i would have/ if i buy one?

Am i thinking correctly that i can do this?:confused:

/ using front loader joystic to raise and lower sickle mower bar? #2  
When I bought my 4520 without fel the first thing I did was reroute the couplers to the rear of the tractor for the top and tilt. In your case you could tee the lines from the valve and have the couplers in the rear available too. You can use either the rear or mid mount one at a time this way but not both at the same time.

/ using front loader joystic to raise and lower sickle mower bar? #3  
Sure you can do that. I can take off the L3400 loader and run a snow plow setup that I fabricated using the plow cylinders and a lift cylinder.

/ using front loader joystic to raise and lower sickle mower bar?
Thank you for the replies. I was 99.999% sure i could do that just wanted some other input on the subject. I would consider putting the t's in but don't know much about that? would i need a cut off valve of some sort after the t's so that when i was using the loader it prevented the fluid from going to the rear plugs or do i just use it as normal and the plugs themselves prevent the fluid from leaking unless there is an implement hooked to them? just some more input on that may be interesting information along with a simple diagram drawing may-bee?

/ using front loader joystic to raise and lower sickle mower bar? #5  
The couplers will stop the flow when not in use. If you have problems with leaking couplers you can add male couplers with plugs if you want. These can be swapped from front to back as needed.