Used RTV 500 “upgrades”

/ Used RTV 500 “upgrades” #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Looking at a slightly used RTV500...

Is it possible to add on some of the stuff that’s not on it? Meaning - is there a source to buy the windshield if this ones does not have one? How about a roof?
I know when you buy a new RTV those options can be had at time of purchase but I haven’t found a place to get those parts after the fact so I figured I’d ask here!

Edit : I know there are aftermarket parts for a windshield and roof - are they any good if that’s the only option?

Last edited:
   / Used RTV 500 “upgrades” #2  
The windshield is aftermarket when.new. I don't remember the name but it is acrylic. 2 roof options plastic or metal , I have the plastic one and it has been fine.

/ Used RTV 500 “upgrades” #3  
The windshield on my 500, is glass...

SR

/ Used RTV 500 “upgrades” #4  
We've used acrylic or plastic windshields before and never again. They scratch way to easily. For a roof, I would go plastic over steel.

/ Used RTV 500 “upgrades” #5  
I recently bought a RTV900 with roof and windshield by Essex Mfg. and they seem ok. On their website they also make a glass w/s and the rest of the components to fully enclose the cab. I'm not sure if they make parts for the 500 or even if they are different.

/ Used RTV 500 “upgrades” #6  
When I bought my RTV500 I bought the plastic roof and the glass windshield from the parts counter at the Kubota dealer. Pricey but worth it in my opinion. Most people I know with plastic/poly windshields have problems with scratches and they can crack if you trailer them due to air pressure, my glass one held up perfectly.