used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #11  
In one of the pixs, there is a white/silver oval that something about 'Property OF ....." Can not make it out.

The machine is priced well for refurbished 'like new' condition, but lacks one thing, a full 1-year warranty like Fredrick's. One a 3-month warranty. It states, "Overrunning Clutches are available" whereas Fredrick's has that as a standard item.

Sure it has many of the good things like ROPS, and the other safety items.

Knowing how pricey tractors are today, this Yanmar refub should sell in that area. I know of a Ford 2N west of me with a FEL going for $3K. It's a 70 year old tractor with a new paint job. My riding mower has more ability than the 2N, so the Yanmar would be a better choice for a few grand more, yet less cost than a newer Manhindra, LS, or Yanmar.
I think it says "Product of Japan". I could be wrong though.

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors
It makes me feel good just seeing there are still dealers out there and evidently many of these old Yanmars coming in. Also sort of puzzling to me that a country the size of Japan has that many they can ship out. Should insure parts availability for a long time. No idea how many have been shipped over here but it has to be a staggering number. Wondering if Yanmar will take any steps to prevent these dealers from selling as "YNM" tractors.

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #13  
Yeah they are cheaper than Fredricks but as bmaverick said they don't come with a warranty either. Who knows if they are actually rebuilding the engine ect. Its all new paint and I doubt any one is going to crack open the engine to find out. New paint can go a long way to make something look nicer than it really is. However at the price they are advertising and the condition they appear to be in they should sell. Yes Winston I am happy to see that dealers are still wanting to keep these old tractors alive. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have mine..

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #14  
It makes me feel good just seeing there are still dealers out there and evidently many of these old Yanmars coming in. Also sort of puzzling to me that a country the size of Japan has that many they can ship out. Should insure parts availability for a long time. No idea how many have been shipped over here but it has to be a staggering number. Wondering if Yanmar will take any steps to prevent these dealers from selling as "YNM" tractors.

I thought they were allowed to use YMN as a logo and name in place of Yanmar.

I do agree the number of ym 1500 and ym2000 (and the sister series) has to be stagering, and that there is any of them left? It is amazing there were that many of these tractors in the late 70s around. Think if you had to try and round up all the Massey Ferguson 35s or ford 2000s or some othere tractor of the era. The number I bet would be no where near what this is. At least that what it seems to me.

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #15  
I bought one of those VN "rebuilt" Yanmar 4220D tractors. The engine was in great shape, used no oil, started easily in hot/warm weather but no glow plugs and the Japanese version that used fuel in a bowl that is ignited by a hot coil then the flame is drawn into the engine didn't work. I had to use the wife's hair dryer and blow hot air into the air filter to start it in any temps below 55 F.
The hydraulic oil had something like a grey/green gel that stopped up the strainer and took me several flushes and oil changes to clear it out. I think it must have been clay in the oil from operating in rice paddies.
I couldn't keep the FEL mounting bolts tight, they worked loose with each use and if not checked would work out completely or shear off in the tractor.
I really loved the powershift transmission though and the power of the tractor was awesome. I sold it to my brother in law who still uses it occasionally .

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #16  
How far below 55 deg. did you have to warm the incoming air ?
I can start mine without TS in 40 deg temps

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #17  
I bought one of those VN "rebuilt" Yanmar 4220D tractors. The engine was in great shape, used no oil, started easily in hot/warm weather but no glow plugs and the Japanese version that used fuel in a bowl that is ignited by a hot coil then the flame is drawn into the engine didn't work. I had to use the wife's hair dryer and blow hot air into the air filter to start it in any temps below 55 F.
The hydraulic oil had something like a grey/green gel that stopped up the strainer and took me several flushes and oil changes to clear it out. I think it must have been clay in the oil from operating in rice paddies.
I couldn't keep the FEL mounting bolts tight, they worked loose with each use and if not checked would work out completely or shear off in the tractor.
I really loved the powershift transmission though and the power of the tractor was awesome. I sold it to my brother in law who still uses it occasionally .

Did you try locktite on the bolts? Also I have a recon and mine will start below 55f without any start aid, but we have totally different engines, we'll obviously because there 2 different units but also not even similar models.

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #18  
I had to use the wife's hair dryer and blow hot air into the air filter to start it in any temps below 55 F.
The hydraulic oil had something like a grey/green gel that stopped up the strainer and took me several flushes and oil changes to clear it out. I think it must have been clay in the oil from operating in rice paddies. [/QUOTE]

My battery is old!! 10-11yrs.? that I know of. So I make sure to keep it charged. Plus on top of that I haven't even started it since the 1st. of Oct.? Stays under a carport. I went out and started it the other day 45deg. and it didn't like it at all. It still hit after I let off the decompression but took a while to come to life. Don't have the Thermo. Cup and the Thermo wasn't even wired up for that matter when I bought it. Now that was weird. I wired it to the Ign. and have a way to get fuel to the Thermostart but didn't figured I needed it. Wrong!!! Should have known since I don't go out if it's at least 45Deg. either unless I have to.
When I changed the Hyd. oil for the first time it looked the same way. And agree with Clay because that is exactly what it looked like. With the last in the bottom of the pan thick as it could be. It even took out the Hyd. Strainer and apparently looked repaired so it done it before apparently. Only thing I have Hyd. is the 3point and had trouble getting it to work correctly. So who knows how long it went with out being changed? Decades!!!

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #19  
It does seem odd that you couldn't start it below 55 degrees, even if it doesn't have glow plugs. Great idea on the air dryer for warm air though.

/ used,refurbished, rebuilt. tractors #20  
It does seem odd that you couldn't start it below 55 degrees, even if it doesn't have glow plugs. Great idea on the air dryer for warm air though.
My YM1700 doesn't have glow plugs or thermo start. Starts instantly, curious to me how it starts so easily.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Truck Bed (A33041)
Truck Bed (A33041)
CASE SR250 SKIDSTEER (A32908)
CASE SR250...
Armstrong AG MD1618 Disc (A33041)
Armstrong AG...
Case IH Weights (A33041)
Case IH Weights...
Road Tech Truck Bed w/ Air Compressor (A33526)
Road Tech Truck...
International 440 Square Baler (A33041)
International 440...