Used Mahindra 3510 w/ 3 pt backhoe ?

/ Used Mahindra 3510 w/ 3 pt backhoe ? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
A user on another forum is considering purchasing a used 2007 Mahindra 3510 with 700 hours, along with its 3 pt backhoe. What should he be looking at to assure that the 3 pt backhoe has not damaged the tractor? I know Mahindra warranty does not cover damage from use of a 3 pt backhoe. Warranty is not an issue here, but I take it as an indication that he should check things over carefully. It's certainly not the "kiss of death" if it has been used carefully.

Any recommendations on what to look for?

/ Used Mahindra 3510 w/ 3 pt backhoe ? #2  
A user on another forum is considering purchasing a used 2007 Mahindra 3510 with 700 hours, along with its 3 pt backhoe. What should he be looking at to assure that the 3 pt backhoe has not damaged the tractor? I know Mahindra warranty does not cover damage from use of a 3 pt backhoe. Warranty is not an issue here, but I take it as an indication that he should check things over carefully. It's certainly not the "kiss of death" if it has been used carefully.

Any recommendations on what to look for?

Just for grins, I have a complete NOS backhoe sub frame for a 3510 shuttle in stock. This fits the Bradco built backhoes. Never installed, but scratched and faded.

As far as damage, the worse case scenario damage a 3-point backhoe inflicts is easy to see, because it involves the tractor splitting itself in half at the bellhousing. I'd look for any welds on any casting. Assuming that is fine, I'd check for any cracks or damage where the 3-point lower arms attach and anywhere else that the backhoe stresses. Check for loose bolts where the loader mounts bolt to the tractor.

/ Used Mahindra 3510 w/ 3 pt backhoe ?
Thanks, Dave. I'm assuming if it's suffered the worst case 3pt backhoe scenario, he'll be walking away. If it hasn't split, are the early signs of a problem fairly easy to spot? signs of fretting at the bell house or ??

/ Used Mahindra 3510 w/ 3 pt backhoe ? #4  
Thanks, Dave. I'm assuming if it's suffered the worst case 3pt backhoe scenario, he'll be walking away. If it hasn't split, are the early signs of a problem fairly easy to spot? signs of fretting at the bell house or ??

I don't know how to tell if a casting is about to break by casual observation.