Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB?

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Kubotas a 2010, Mahindra is new with long warranty. Kubota has. 9' Woods backhoe. Trading in a 2003 JD 4110 hydro TLB with 54" QH blade. Which should I choose? Obviously, Kubotas used with 497 hours, waiting on both dealers to give me trade in nub era, but on the surface, same price for either tractor. I already own an L2501 for field work and I really love it. Comments?

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #2  
Better do some reading in the Mahindra forum on this site.Gasifier's posts for one.Warranty is not much good if they can't fix it.

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #3  
Kubotas a 2010, Mahindra is new with long warranty. Kubota has. 9' Woods backhoe. Trading in a 2003 JD 4110 hydro TLB with 54" QH blade. Which should I choose? Obviously, Kubotas used with 497 hours, waiting on both dealers to give me trade in nub era, but on the surface, same price for either tractor. I already own an L2501 for field work and I really love it. Comments?
I'm a Mahindra guy, have 2 of them and like both of them,:thumbsup: have had next to no problems with either of them other than minor hydraulic leaks from fittings getting loose over the years.

I really like the Mahindra 1526s, actually my favorite of the current 1500 series machines. I would go with the Kubota on this one, waaaaaaaaaay more tractor. ;)

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #4  
I agree with MtnView. The 3940 is a great machine that is probably amongst the best 40HP tractor on the market. I don't have any experience personally with Mahindra but have friends that own them with mixed opinions.

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #5  
I wouldn't buy a Mahindra on a bet and a dare even if it was free. I've been researching tractors for more hours than I would admit. I log, I collect data, I follow leads and links, I watch video and I suck in data.

One thing that has stood out to me, the most seen tractor brand with issues is Mahindra. Since I like to work with realistic odds, the odds of a bad product from Mahindra are higher than just about any other brand. Also, the history of owners not getting serviced well by dealers and Mahindra corporate is far higher than you will see with other brands. I say turn and run like a banshee from that brand.

Go look at Kubota, Massey, John Deere, Kioti, McCormick, Yanmar, LS... just about any of them. But to heck with that Mahindra P.O.S!

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #6  
I'm a Mahindra guy, have 2 of them and like both of them,:thumbsup: have had next to no problems with either of them other than minor hydraulic leaks from fittings getting loose over the years.

I really like the Mahindra 1526s, actually my favorite of the current 1500 series machines. I would go with the Kubota on this one, waaaaaaaaaay more tractor. ;)

Repeating: I would go with the Kubota on this one, way more tractor.

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #7  
Yeah. The 3940 is one of the best 40 hp tractors EVER. Easy decision.

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #8  
My take on this, is that you already have a 25 horse tractor, the 1526 is a nice tractor made by mitsubishi and is pretty good quality, almost went with one as well. But I also looked at the L2501 kubota. I ended up with a kioti ck2610. Love it good tractor so far. Now, the kubota has more ponies and will probably be more of a work horse. The mahindra will be better suited for small jobs, But if it were me, I would look at what you need it for. Having a tractor around with more horsepower and more capabilites is handy. You could always take of the backhoe as well and use the bigger tractor for more field work too. I would personally like to have a bigger tractor around, you never know what you will do in a few years , you may need it. I dont have a backhoe as of now, I though about it for myself when purchasing my kioti, but couldnt justify the cost. To me, i find lots of used masseys and ford TLBs on craigslist for 5000 and under. IF it is something you will use sparingly then i would look at getting an old gasser that is still serviceable and digs great. That would be my plan. But like i said i dont have much use for a backhoe, unless a horse dies, then i would need one. Otherwise i will hire the jobs done. Now to be a devils advocate if you want a new tractor with a warranty,I would not stray away from the korean offerings either. Can get a decent deal on an LS or Kioti with more horsepower over the japanese made 1526 and even maybe more capable than the kubota. That said, given the two options I would look at price as a factor as well. if the kubota is more than 15-17 thousand. I would look strongly at a ls or kioti as you could get the next frame size up for more similar price to the mahindra 1526. Not that you would have to choose another tractor, but just to keep your options open. I was **** bent on a Kubota L2501, love my dads kubota mx 5200 and my friends b2650. Both great machines. But the price on the kioti was a good 3 to 4 thousand cheaper and had more stock options. But with that said, I would pick kubota of mahindra just for the extra capabilities offered over your 2501

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB?
Decided on a Mahindra 2538 HST with loader, hoe, forks, snow pusher and tandem axle trailer. No DPF and the fact that the same Kubota dealer who last year advised me against a Tier IV tractor is now saying that Mahindras are junk. I feel like if they were, then the Mahindra dealers wouldn't have such huge inventories of new machines and that their repair shops would be inundated with broken machines?

/ Used Kubota L3940 TLB or Mahindra 1526 TLB? #10  
I'm sure it will be a good machine for you. I'm curious though, how does Mahindra deal with tier 4 emissions? They still must have a fairly complicated/expensive system even without a particulate filter?