Used aluminum trailer - good price?

/ Used aluminum trailer - good price? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
This was on craigslist:

6 1/2 X 16 ft bed all aluminum trailer, with side and rear loading ramp.

Excellent shape.

Tandem wheels
Used 3 times.
7000 lbs. GVWR

$3,700

Don't know what brand it is, but there is a pic and it looks pretty good. It does have two loading ramps, one at the rear, of course, and another 4ft ramp on the right side in front of the tandem axles. It also has chrome rims on it too. I have no idea what new 16ft aluminum trailers go for, so I really have no idea what a used one would go for. Seems like it could be a bit on the high side though. What do you think?

/ Used aluminum trailer - good price? #2  
Are you set on a Aluminum Trailer? If not you can get a equal steel trailer new for about $2000 in your area. Is the side ramp important to you? Good for loading a 3rd atv, one across the front and 2 loaded from the rear.

I am not sure on the price either.

Chris

/ Used aluminum trailer - good price? #3  
This was on craigslist:

6 1/2 X 16 ft bed all aluminum trailer, with side and rear loading ramp.

Excellent shape.

Tandem wheels
Used 3 times.
7000 lbs. GVWR

$3,700

Don't know what brand it is, but there is a pic and it looks pretty good. It does have two loading ramps, one at the rear, of course, and another 4ft ramp on the right side in front of the tandem axles. It also has chrome rims on it too. I have no idea what new 16ft aluminum trailers go for, so I really have no idea what a used one would go for. Seems like it could be a bit on the high side though. What do you think?

I looked at aluminum trailers and that's an "OK" price...Not great. A new one saw that was somewhat similar was $4700.

Keep in mind the brakes, bearings, tires and battery and you are at a new one fairly quick.

/ Used aluminum trailer - good price?
Are you set on a Aluminum Trailer? If not you can get a equal steel trailer new for about $2000 in your area. Is the side ramp important to you? Good for loading a 3rd atv, one across the front and 2 loaded from the rear.

I am not sure on the price either.

Chris

Not, not set on aluminum. My 22 yr old rusty steel trailer looks pretty sad, but I hate to spend any money on it when a new one can be had, as you mentioned, in the $1800-2000 range. With an aluminum trailer, you don't have the rust issues so I was just doing some thinking on it.

/ Used aluminum trailer - good price? #5  
Buy it, you'll never regret it. I bought mine last spring and I still stare out the window at it.

Attachments

• P1010006 [].JPG
    P1010006 [].JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 690
  • P1010002 [].JPG
    P1010002 [].JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 259
   / Used aluminum trailer - good price? #6  
Not, not set on aluminum. My 22 yr old rusty steel trailer looks pretty sad, but I hate to spend any money on it when a new one can be had, as you mentioned, in the $1800-2000 range. With an aluminum trailer, you don't have the rust issues so I was just doing some thinking on it.

Buy another lightly used steel one for $800 and it will last you another 20 years and sell the one you have for $400.

/ Used aluminum trailer - good price? #7  
I paid $4700 for my 18' trailer last summer-I have stowable ramps, not laoding gates. That's a good price if the trailer has only been used three times.

Will