Upward exhaust on Kubota

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #1  

Deucecoupe

Tractor
2018 Kubota mx5800
Has anyone changed their exhaust on a Kubota 2501 from the bottom exhaust to an upward one? I do have a FEL. Tired having hot exhaust blowing back on my left leg.

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #2  
I don't have a 2501 but I did change the direction of the exhaust on my TYM. I took the diameter of the exhaust pipe to a muffler shop and for less than $5.00 the bent me an elbow and gave me the clamp. I did readjust it 45 degrees outward as it just blew dust all over when it was facing down.

Attachments

• P7260194.JPG
    P7260194.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • P7260198.JPG
    P7260198.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 146
   / Upward exhaust on Kubota #3  
I had not considered going up with the exhaust though I have considered going under the tractor and having it exit the rear. If there is enough room between the loader and the hood you could probably go up. Be sure to take rainfall into the exhaust pipe when not running into consideration. My Mitsubishi had a small hole at the curve where it went up to allow water to drain.

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #4  
I’ve been meaning to do that on my 7510 for a couple years… I think I will cut a slot in the side cover to allow an elbow out and up. I tired of the FEL always black and anytime they wind is blowing toward you sitting in the exhaust. Like the previous poster mentioned, put a drain hole in the low point… Also doesn’t hurt to leave a can over the exhaust.

I repowered an old B6000 with a genset Z600 engine and it had a vertical muffler - it was much nicer to operate.

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #5  
A slappin' rain cap is a nice touch!

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #6  
Has anyone changed their exhaust on a Kubota 2501 from the bottom exhaust to an upward one? I do have a FEL. Tired having hot exhaust blowing back on my left leg.
I have not done this with my 3901, however I actually like the bottom exhaust. I had a 2250 with a top exhaust and definitely prefer the bottom. My experience with the top exhaust was periodically getting fumes in the face and another tractor "appendage" to be cognizant of potential branch interference (although this was a minimal concern). Best of luck on your mod!

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #7  
Vertical exhausts on tractors I had supports from 4 or 6 post ROPS and still took damage in woods.
Prefer low and to the side of my current tractors. No fumes or heat on the operator. Might try turning the exhaust slightly to the side?

/ Upward exhaust on Kubota #8  
I had a little B6200D with vertical exhaust. Didn't like the fumes in my face when I was mowing into the wind. I guess the grass is always greener . . .

I also hooked the exhaust pipe on a swingset once when mowing and bent it. Another reason not to have it sticking up on a small tractor.

Pros and cons to every setup. I like the ideas above about angling it outward a little more.