Update on the Speed

/ Update on the Speed #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Here's an update on the slow loading of the forum...

Unfortunately, the problem appears to be a little more complex than originally thought, and as you see it wasn't fixed on schedule.

The nature of the problem is that we are having packet loss problems with the router we go through, slowing things down considerably. At this time, people from Cisco are working on the problem (and will be through the night) to correct is as soon as possible. Considering that these are simply the best technical people, I think they should have the problem fixed very soon. This is not something that was expected to happen, and should not happen again in the future.

I sincerely apologize for this slow down... I want to see the forum back to smooth operating speed more than anyone does! But I wanted to let you know that something is being done about it, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

msig.gif

/ Update on the Speed #2  
Appreciate the update and work towards fixing. I've noticed that if I stop the download of a page after it seems to hang up, most if not all of the page is there on my screen. In other words, might not have to sit there and wait for end of document loading. I'm sure others have noticed this (I'm using Explorer 5).

/ Update on the Speed #3  
And I thought it was my ISP!

/ Update on the Speed #4  
I noticed the same thing as Bradey about the effect of stopping the download.

/ Update on the Speed #5  
It's all my fault, Muhammad -- I jinxed it by saying I was getting good performance this morning.

For the rest of the day it got progressively slower and slower. I thought other sites were slow, too, so I still didn't suspect your server. But if you've tracked it down to a router problem, that's kind of hard to argue with. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

HarvSig2.gif

/ Update on the Speed #6  
Yeah, I've occasionally stopped the download, too. Sometimes you have nearly all the page, sometimes not so much. Thanks for the update, Muhammad.

Bird

/ Update on the Speed #7  
Couldn't help but notice that this site disappeared completely around midnight or so (EST) and came back strong around 2:30am.

Seems like those Cisco wizards gave up sleeping in favor of fixing that leaky router. Way to go, Dudes!

HarvSig2.gif

/ Update on the Speed #8  
Muhammad,

Just a little feedback ... early in the morning here now (4 am) on Thursday, the board seems back to it good old speed. Thanks to you & Cisco!

BobT.

A Indiana Boy