Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22)

/ Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22) #1  

Ibrahim

Administrator
Tractor
My CPU is a neural net processor.
Hey Everyone,

We're going to be locking the forum and maybe shutting off the site briefly on Saturday to move some files to a new server. This isn't a hardware upgrade but a backend server upgrade. None of the forum software is changing and nothing should appear different to any users.

I anticipate starting around 9pm West Coast time, so around midnight for East Coast USA folks (technically Sunday, but you all know what I mean) It's our least busy day and time so I don't think many people will even notice.

So don't start writing any treatises on tire widths at 8:59pm and you should be fine. 😂

Thanks,
Ibrahim

/ Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22) #2  
I'll be in bed by the time you start. 😁

/ Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22) #4  
Hey Everyone,

We're going to be locking the forum and maybe shutting off the site briefly on Saturday to move some files to a new server. This isn't a hardware upgrade but a backend server upgrade. None of the forum software is changing and nothing should appear different to any users.

I anticipate starting around 9pm West Coast time, so around midnight for East Coast USA folks (technically Sunday, but you all know what I mean) It's our least busy day and time so I don't think many people will even notice.

So don't start writing any treatises on tire widths at 8:59pm and you should be fine. 😂

Thanks,
Ibrahim
I was gonna start my manifesto around 8:51 that night, but ok I guess I'll postpone it.

/ Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22)
I did some transfers but we're going to be doing another short downtime Sunday evening.

/ Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22) #6  
I went to bed at 11:55 to avoid the shakes.

/ Upcoming Saturday Night Downtime (4/22) #7  
Darn, I missed it! Late for the party again, that seems to be the story of my life. :D

Don't worry, I'm about to do it again for a little bit.

That was an unexpected downtime to do a little server tweaking. I'm going to monitor the forum for the next few moments and see if we're in a good spot or if I'll do a quick revert. 🤞

Just to update: It seems like we've successfully moved over to the new server software. There may be a few hiccups but we're working on getting those fixed. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, reply here and let us know. Thanks!