Unsecured hay hauling

/ Unsecured hay hauling #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
I travel a narrow 2 lane State highway in Arkansas 3-4 times weekly to my rural place in Ozarks. it's a busy highway w/o shoulders & blind curves.
lots of round bale hauling without any securing, they say gravity will do the job...that is until control is lost around a curve to oncoming traffic
& would make short work of me, etc. local law enforcement shrug it off like the haulers. so what are your state hwy laws on hauling unsecured tonnage on similar roads in your area. to be honest, it is annoying to see, but hey, don't like to offend the red necks (another safety hazard)

Last edited:
   / Unsecured hay hauling #3  
They’re farmers. Laws don’t apply to them but it’s okay because their job is hard.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #5  
I travel a narrow 2 lane State highway in Arkansas 3-4 times weekly to my rural place in Ozarks. to be honest, it is annoying to see, but hey, don't like to offend the red necks (another safety hazard)

So, a guy named Big Bubba who has a place in rural Ozarks in Arkansas doesn’t want to offend the rednecks?

By the way, big congrats on the win v Texas. Huge.

MoKelly

/ Unsecured hay hauling #6  
I can’t speak for Arkansas but in Illinois if load is being pulled by a pickup or hauled on a licensed vehicle the load must be secured. If pulled by farm tractor less concerned about secured load.
We never secured small square bales when we farmed but we was also on county and township roads were main traffic was farm vehicles

/ Unsecured hay hauling #7  
They’re farmers. Laws don’t apply to them but it’s okay because their job is hard.
Cute little dig on farmers, but I’ve seen more unsecured zero turns and improperly secured construction equipment on trucks & trailers in my area than unsecured hay bales.
Way more.
Buddy of mine is an MVCE cop and they fill the coffers with citations written to working stiffs pulling zero turns behind an F-150 a lot more than farm truck violations.

Last edited:
   / Unsecured hay hauling #9