Unpowered rake or harrow?

/ Unpowered rake or harrow?
Well, answered that question - not enough traction with the stock 20" wheels, even with the flail mower out front. I got about 100 feet before I gave up. I now have yet another excuse to get some tracks. Going to try and pull it around with my 4x4 Toyota, but that won't be able to get everywhere I want to go.

Pulling it around with my 4x4 now. It is doing an okay job, but it is hard to get into some areas - the 4x4 is a supercab with a long bed. A 4x4 ATV would be about right - tempted but I think I will try the tracks on the Grillo first.

The harrow works for small irregularities, but the big stuff not so much. Neighbor said he could do those with his land scraper on his Kubota - I will take him up on it.

2e1epms.jpg

kafhpk.jpg

/ Unpowered rake or harrow? #14  
Interesting, so the BCS looses traction with the harrow? Do you have wheel weights?

/ Unpowered rake or harrow? #15  
From your description of the situation, your equipment (2 wheel tractor) and wants/needs I'll suggest a chain harrow.
Somewhat more "aggressive" than a bit if chain link fence and with most of them you can turn it three or four different ways to scratch deeper/shallower.
Not sure how easy it would be to rig a 2 wheel tractor to pull it, although if worst came to worst you could pull it with a truck or SUV.
A big ole railroad tie or length of re-purposed utility pole behind that can knock down the bumps and fill the holes a bit more, averaging it out across a 6 or 8 ft width.

Interesting, so the BCS looses traction with the harrow? Do you have wheel weights?

I have weights from my BCS - not sure they will fit though.

I spent most of Saturday pulling the harrow around behind my Toyota and had good success with that. I would say I got about 70% of the area smoothed out enough to mow much more easily. I need to go around and pickup a lot of wood debris though. Filled up the 6x4 bed on my Toyota Saturday and there is a lot more - getting rid of the debris - some of it buried, will help mowing too.

But there are areas I won't be able to get into with the truck. I may be able to get my neighbor to go over some areas with his scraper behind his Kubota, but I am thinking I need those tracks for the tractor.

From your description of the situation, your equipment (2 wheel tractor) and wants/needs I'll suggest a chain harrow.
Somewhat more "aggressive" than a bit if chain link fence and with most of them you can turn it three or four different ways to scratch deeper/shallower.
Not sure how easy it would be to rig a 2 wheel tractor to pull it, although if worst came to worst you could pull it with a truck or SUV.
A big ole railroad tie or length of re-purposed utility pole behind that can knock down the bumps and fill the holes a bit more, averaging it out across a 6 or 8 ft width.

This is what I got:

51DjMIwpW3L._SX355_.jpg

Yes, the tractor would spin as much as it would move forward.

/ Unpowered rake or harrow? #19  
Will it pull the drag with it flipped over, spikes up?