Universal choke/throttle cable sources?

/ Universal choke/throttle cable sources? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Anyone got any good places with a wide assortment of good throttle/choke cables?

Want to replace the OEM one on my ford 5500 backhoe. Seized up years ago and previous owner just actuated the lever by hand. I installed an old cable I had on the shelf, one of the push pull types and mounted it down by the steering column as it was way too short and had the wrong end to hook to the factory lever.

One end is just a blank end that hooks to the injector.

The end that connects to the lever has a short ~4" steel rod/guide. Since you cannot "push" a cable into a sleeve, this is kinda a guide.

Will see if I can get some pictures. running to the shop now to do so

/ Universal choke/throttle cable sources? #2  
If you're close to Shelby, check Glens' Surplus. If you've never been there, it's worth the trip even if they don't have a cable for you.

/ Universal choke/throttle cable sources?
If you're close to Shelby, check Glens' Surplus. If you've never been there, it's worth the trip even if they don't have a cable for you.

I try to avoid that store. Every time I go there I walk out with an empty wallet:mur:

/ Universal choke/throttle cable sources? #4  
Summit Racing lists 120 options!

Here is the cable ends. There should be an eyelet and cable coming out of the tube on the right side.

IMG_20160111_134358614.jpg

Here is where it attaches
IMG_20160111_134432522.jpg

The outer-jacket length is approx 80" and the inside cable diameter is 0.080". Not sure the OAL cause the one end broke off and not sure what it looks like. I am guessing ~90" should work.

Ford wants $150 for this piece

/ Universal choke/throttle cable sources? #6  
   / Universal choke/throttle cable sources? #8  
I try to avoid that store. Every time I go there I walk out with an empty wallet:mur:

Man I love-hate that place. every time you go there its all different stuff. I want to buy one of those half tracks.

Man I love-hate that place.

Sums it up perfect.

Got lots of goodies. Bout a 50min-1hr drive for me. If I were to go up there to buy a $20 item I walk out having spent $150:confused2:

/ Universal choke/throttle cable sources? #10  
I order mower blades from there. We used to go up once a year, for blades, filters, etc. Guess I never bought anything I couldn't use, but much cheaper to order online, and get what you "need".