Unique Problem?

/ Unique Problem? #1  

PaulT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
Since no one has responded to either folding ROPS post, I guess no one else has had the same front to back rattle with their 29/2710 folding ROPS. Or maybe none/few of you have the folding ROPS option. Can I get responses to a survey of fixed ROPS to folding ROPS, and your tractor? How do you like/dislike them?

How many of you have Fixed ROPS?
How many of you have folding ROPS?
What Model 'bota do you own?
Other comments

PaulT

/ Unique Problem? #2  
PauT, you're right; I didn't respond because I have the fixed ROPS and canopy on my B2710; no rattles.

Bird

/ Unique Problem? #3  
Pretty unusual (and probably a little disheartening) to get no replies from this group, so I would conclude that you indeed have a unique problem. You are one of a kind, Paul.

Congratulations!!! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

I have a fixed (take-apart) ROPS on my L2500DT w/FEL. It actually doesn't come apart worth a bean, so I've only done that once. Afterwards, I took out my saw and just enlarged the garage door opening. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Unique Problem? #4  
I have the folding ROPS but have never removed the screw/ bolts. So far, I do not have a rattle.

Rick

/ Unique Problem? #6  
Paul,

I have a folding ROPS on my B2410. I'm not sure if it is the same design as on your tractor - there is a large pin on each side with a threaded end and through-hole at the end that accepts a small cotter pin. The large pin threads into the ROPS in either of two locations depending on whether the ROPS is up or down.

I've never noticed a rattle with my setup. The only issue that I've had so far is that it was extremely stiff to fold when the tractor was delivered - it just about took the delivery guy and me hanging from the thing to get it to fold down. I backed off the two adjusting nuts and now it works great. I don't notice any rattles. If your setup is like mine, I would suggest tightening the adjusting nuts to increase the friction and help stop any rattling. I also never operate the tractor with the ROPS down, for what its worth.

There are some TBN folks who have changed their ROPS pins out to so that it is a non-threaded connection, I think. I would think that this arrangement would be more apt to rattle.

- Rob

/ Unique Problem? #7  
I have a folding ROPS on my L3710. My dealer warned me about possible rattles prior to buying the tractor. Mine has worked fine with no rattles. However, the dealer tightened up the hinge bolt (has nut with cotter pin and located in the middle) before selling the tractor. If you have a rattle, tighten the hinge bolt. If the ROPS moves too stiffly, loosen the hinge bolt slightly. I like my ROPS and it works well. Very usefull to lower it when needed for low clearance situations.

/ Unique Problem? #8  
PaulT,

I guess there are 3 machines with ROPS rattle. My 7500hst has the same symptoms. I tried to tighten the bolts to no avail, shrugged my shoulders and promptly forgot about it.

The rattle does'nt bother me much since I've got used to it,but your post has got me to thinking.... does the upper ROPS fit into the lower portion or over it? Might be able to get some wood wedges (the kind used to plumb doors and windows) and wedge the bar front to back. maybe not a permanant fix but quick and easy enough to tide you over till you can figure out a permanant one

next time I pull the tractor out of the barn I'll have a look.

let me know how you make out.

Craig

/ Unique Problem? #9  
I have a 2910 with folding...had the fixed for a few weeks as well. Neither rattle. However, the "slow moving vehicle" triangle rattled like crazy until I wedged a shim into the bracket. Sorry I missed the other posts.

18-30461-BillSig.jpg

/ Unique Problem? #10  
PaulT,

Could you fit some small pieces of rubber (or something else compressible) into the ROPS hinge such that when it is unfolded/straightened the rubber helps reduce any play/rattles?

Peter