Union Suit

/ Union Suit #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
It's hard to find 100% cotton but this is. I ordered from eBay. Warm and doesn't itch!

essentialapparelllcFeedback Score*(7497)

99.6% Positive feedback

Member since 2011

s-l400 (1).jpeg

/ Union Suit #2  
It's hard to find 100% cotton but this is. I ordered from eBay. Warm and doesn't itch!

essentialapparelllcFeedback Score*(7497)

99.6% Positive feedback

Member since 2011

View attachment 583246

Layers are good when the temps drop, Third layer of pants (union suit, jeans, coveralls) it gets a little tough lining up the flys. Try that when the ole prostate doesn't give much time and your are warming your feet. I still have a couple but keep at 2 layers. Colder than that it becomes manana for this guy.

Ron

/ Union Suit #3  
OH, Lordy - can I ever relate to your comments, Tractor Seabee. No union suit here but many layers of the "new" stuff - polyesters, Gore-Tex, Polartec, micro-fleece & electrically heated undergarments. Plus an entire outer layer of Eddie Bauer with goose down. I do not like being cold when outside nor riding my motorcycle cold. And, I've learned to like the Pillsbury Dough Boy look, as long as I'm warm.

It was the "IN" thing or being "COOL" to be outside with only a T-shirt and sweat shirt when we lived in AK. I think I'm paying for all that foolishness now.

BTW - I though wool union suits were the "thing". Wool is both warm and ITCHY. Itchy to aide in blood circulation at the surface of the skin.

Whatever - it was a wool union suit, as a kid, where I learned of my allergies to wool. Brought an all new meaning to the word - scratch.

/ Union Suit #4  
When I was about 15 I spent a couple of nights at my grandfather's house while he was in the hospital. The first night I woke up to see a large white object with arms and legs levitating about 3 feet off the floor next to my bed. :eek: I almost had a heart attack, until I remembered that his white union suit was hanging from the top of the bedroom door.

/ Union Suit
   / Union Suit #7  
That's what I got but half the price and free shipping.
I can't figure out what the small slit in the back is for though, and how that would work out!

You had it on backwards. Try this one: You are on a construction job, outside, snowing and 20 degrees; under shorts, union suit, jeans, lined coveralls; job site porta pottie, and have urgent need to try and use the slit in back. Use your imagination from here on.

Next day the union suit was replaced by a two piece thermal underway and eliminated the shorts; but didn't have that problem again till warm weather came on. Still, just try to get your wanker through 4 flies.

Ron

/ Union Suit #8  
Ron, you forgot to mention shrinkage!! (Seinfeld)

/ Union Suit
There's a slit front and back. The ones years ago had a large "door" in back with two buttons which made sense.
Heaven help if you have four layers, one occupied porta-pot after a bad burrito.