Ukraine using armed dune buggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #2  
During the rout of the Russians in Karkiv Oblast about a month ago one of the you tube news videos showed the Ukrainians fabricating or modifying similar dune buggies. Apparently, once behind Russian front lines, the vehicles' speed and mobility allowed them to wreak havoc in the rear areas.

Last edited:
   / Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #4  
They had them in Mad Max years ago! I want to say the concept goes back to the N. Africa campaigns in WWII.

Last edited:
   / Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #6  
Anybody watch the "MegaForce" movie in the '80s? It starred Barry Bostwick and was EXTREMELY cheesy (hey - it was '80s sci-fi!), but there was a pretty cool buggy in that one:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

/ Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #7  
great BBC newsreel. Ukrainians are resisting & overtaking their (our) enemy against all odds. Hope the US realizes the importance of our aid & hope we continue to assist their effort as long as necessary

/ Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #8  
importance of our aid & hope we continue to assist their effort as long as necessary
Until Russia realizes there really just fighting the US via our aid..then who you think there going after?

/ Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #9  
If I'm not mistaken the closest vehicle the Germans had to a Jeep was made by Volkswagen and dune buggies were intentionally or unintentionally throwbacks to it.

Attachments

• Ed Sanders The Family.png
    Ed Sanders The Family.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 74
   / Ukraine using armed dune buggies? #10  
Probably mostly used for scouting, or rapid deployment of a drone closer to the front. With no protection for anyone, I don't think it would be wise to get near enemy lines let alone behind them...

Status
Not open for further replies.