UDT as opposed to Super UDT

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
What is the difference between the Super and the regular? I've had 4 'bota's from B model to my present 3050HSTC and I've always done my own services. I've always used UDT because the Super is that, a SUPER price. I might add that I've never had a breakdown and my last 2 L series have been used for farming/haying

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #2  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Another Michigander. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It snowing on the the Northwest side of Dertiot. Looks like we may get some seat time this winter. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Here’s a thread that might send you toward using Super UDT. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Click Here
Doing a search for Super UDT will give you a lot of reading here on TBN. Be sure to set the Forum or Category to search to all Forums and Date Range to All Post.

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #3  
Hi from yet another Michigander. I just went to the dealer yesterday to get the filters and everything I needed to do the 50 hour service on my b7500. I figured it was going to cost me around 100 bucks. The only thing he would sell me was the oil filter. He said that every time they change the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours it comes out clean as whistle. He told me to wait till 100 hours to change the hyddraulic fluid. I asked him about voiding the warranty if the reccomended service wasn't done at the scheduled intervals and he said no problem since he would be the one doing the warranty work if there was a problem. I walked out tof there spending only five bucks.

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT
It used to be that Kubota had a filter in the intake line for the Hydro and you cleaned that and changed the filter and I used to do that and never found anything in it. The 3050 has no strainer, just a spin-on. I have always changed at 50 and used UDT. The 3050 holds 11 gallons of fluid. That is a BIG change pan. I got to tell you, I like the cab, it's very comfortable and the stereo is great.

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT
I think I'm going to use UDT, besides it smells better. As far as seat time, The cab makes it easy especially with the blower on the back. I did the farm, the road, the truck parking lot and then had a cup of coffee. Got back in the tractor, slipped in a good rock and roll tape, drove down to the next place and pulled the neighbors pickup out of the ditch. I'll have to take some pictures of the unit and post them.

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #6  
Daryl - Another S.E. Michigander here.... Steel hauler eh?? I work for a structural steel contractor. Saw your website..Deerfield?? Parents and I are looking at homes/land in Howell, Fowlerville and points north. How long have you been in the area?? Mind if I bug ya if we find anything interesting in your area? Send me a private message, if you are so inclined. Thanks, Chuck

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #7  
I think the Super UDT is a synthetic oil, and is supposed to be better at extreme temperatures. There are a couple of online sites that sell the Kubota fluids and filters at a very good price. I like to use a site called www.tractorsmart.com. They sell Super UDT at a very good price, and the drop ship charges are very reasonable. If my memory is correct, I got 5 gals of SuperUDT, and all the filters for my 2910 delivered to the house by UPS for around $90. I think Carver also sells over the web for about the same price. Both are about half the price of what a dealer would charge for the same stuff.

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #8  
My research (on this forum at least) has shown that SuperUDT is good if temps get really cold or really hot. Other than that I haven't been able to determine any other advantages or disadvantages (except the disadvantage of price and possibly availability). In Alabama, the dealer offers SuperUDT but suggested that it wasn't worth the price so I use UDT with no problems. Northerners would probably hear a different story /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #9  
As far as the price of Super UDT I just paid $67.50 for a 5 gal pail of it. My dealer in central Illinois is having a sale next week and the price is going to be down another 10%. Time to stock up. Also if anyone is not familiar with the tax laws if you are farming your purchase is tax free /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ UDT as opposed to Super UDT #10  
The discussion of UDT vs Super UDT was an active topic when I bought my new L3600 DT back in 1998. From much review of all available facts and testing, the primary difference is that Super UDT is a synthetic blend. It is recommended by Kubota over all other fluids and especially for use under demanding conditions (read cold, hot, etc.). I used the regular UDT for about 2 years and then switched to the Super UDT. From my observations and experience, it shifts smoother and I get less foaming on the rear fluid sight window.
I only use my Kubota for about 75-100 hours a year and change engine oil every 50 hours and hydraulic fluid every 200 hours. With that schedule, the added cost of Super UDT is not a factor for me.