3-Point Hitch U Joint on Yanmar Tiller

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #1  

npbates

Tractor
Yanmar YM2210
I have a yanmar tiller with 16 spline yoke on tiller. The u-joint broke and have not been able to find another anywhere. I considered a new shaft but they are 6 spline and will not fit on tiller. Anyone got a suggestion as to what I can do? I hate to discard the tiller as it did a really good job before the joint broke. Just put new tines on last year.

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #3  
Talk to fredricks equipment in Al. They could have one. I do have a shaft that I made to fit a RS1400 tiller and a Ym2000. Works good but it does have a Bearing problem that will need to be addressed. It came from them also but for a larger tractor so I had to Shorten it.

Attachments

• 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 172
   / U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #4  
I have a yanmar tiller with 16 spline yoke on tiller. The u-joint broke and have not been able to find another anywhere. I considered a new shaft but they are 6 spline and will not fit on tiller. Anyone got a suggestion as to what I can do? I hate to discard the tiller as it did a really good job before the joint broke. Just put new tines on last year.

If the U-joint broke, you should be able to go to a good parts store and find a replacement. If the yoke broke, a good welder may be able to do a temporary repair until you might find a replacement.
Someone mentioned Fredrick’s, you might try any of the folks that deal in these such as Hoye’s in TX and Steve in GA. Call them as it is a bit of an odd ball and not likely to be listed online.

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller
Already tried Hoye's no luck, local auto parts said because it is an inside clip its going to be hard to find. Going to try Fredericks tomorrow. If I could find a 16 spline yoke I could build a shaft.

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller
Tried calling them today. no luck going to try again tomorrow. Just need a yoke for 16 spline shaft.

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #7  
At the time Steve in Ga was all I could remember. Later the memory worked a bit better and surprisingly is still functioning. Steve Spaulding I believe is the name. Do a search for Spaulding tractors. Then call each back from time to time as they may get new used stock parts in.
My understanding is the Yanmar tillers were great tillers, but parts can be hard to come by beyond the blades (and those they are proud of).
One other thought, Hoye’s has a users forum, ymowner.com, I believe. Many of the same people here are on that forum, but you may find s fee that are not here. Never hurts to ask in several forums.
Good luck on finding a PTO shaft or a yoke.

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #8  
Steve sent me to Al.. Hard to come bye even then. Wasn't all that fond of the condition. I sold it when it wasn't going to get used much. Bought two tractors from him. My Ym.2000 and BB. refurbished YM.2500 and BH.. Running into this in the pic. of the bearing was another reason. Owned it a month or two...... And the Pto. shaft.

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 103
   / U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #9  
have you tried a driveshaft repair shop?
called?
they have a catalog of lots of parts available.

/ U Joint on Yanmar Tiller #10  
Without a model# it's a toss up of what you need. The repaired one is solid as sears. Pretty much Impossible to break the shaft the way I shortened it. Just has a bearing issue that needs to be addressed. No big deal. It will fit your 2210 but the Tiller itself ?.. Model#