Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank!

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank!
Hi Crooked Creek. So sorry to hear about your husband. I just don't get some people and their lack of empathy. Those of you who are guilty of this - Shame on you! There go any of us but for the grace of God.

Glad to hear you figured out your problem. Try using a good diesel additive such as Power Clean or the like. It's a good preventive.

God bless you and your husband.

Alylea Thank you I really appreciate the kindness as I am struggling currently.

What I was referring to was the casting at the top of the fuel filter that contain passages to transfer the fuel into the filter. If crud is found in the tank fuel outlet, there is a chance that crud can be trapped there. But first you have to get fuel out of the tank.
It's to much to remove the fuel tank plus it's not needed there is a reserve fuel tank which caused the problem so I blew air from the inline fuel filter back into that tank and bleed the air out from the fuel bowl and it started.

Glad you found the reserve with Harry's advice. Tell us what you did to solve the blockage there?
I blew air from the inline filter back into the reserve tank and unclogged the tank which was the problem.

Many fuel tanks and right in the fuel line has a filter. Did you back blow the fuel line and get bubbles in the Tank?
Today's diesel is low sulfate so algae and bacteria easily grow in the tank. It may have clogged these small filters. I'm sorry I am not being specific to your machine. Back blow to the tank and see if you get bubbles and perhaps see if you stir up 'crap' in the tank.
Even if you vent was clogged, you would get fuel running out of the fuel line for a while until it built up a vacuum. With fuel cap off, it will not create a vacuum.
It will run with the fuel cap off so that wasn't the problem it was the reserve fuel tank that was clogged so I blew air back from the inline fuel filter to unclog the tank then I opened the bleeder screw on the fuel bowl turned the key to get all air out then started the tractor right up , problem solved.

/ Tz25da 2008 can't get fuel to come out of gas tank! #36  
Sorry to ask but did you remove the tank when when you cleaned it? Flushing the tank while its upside down so the bits can come out the filler hole is my go to, otherwise chunks bigger then the fuel line will get stuck there. Another thing to try just to be positive of it being the tank is to use an external tank such as a boat tank that can gravity or syphon feed to the lift pump.

External fuel source is GREAT idea! I will try this on mine which has a similar issue.