TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing

/ TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing #1  

Digityman

Tractor
TYM T474 (2021)
Hi Everyone -
I finally got my first DPF (regen) flashing. However, my MIL (engine malfunction is also flashing). Thinking this was normal, I did the steps to do a regen and it wouldn't go in. The manual doesn't say that both will be flashing. Can someone confirm both should be flashing?

/ TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing #2  
Maybe try to reset the DPF controller?
292715859_10158756587200983_397290200790682491_n.jpg

/ TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing
Interesting thank you. Service is coming to look at it today. I will let you know what they come up with. Makes me a littler nervous to run it at full RPM when the engine malfunction light is on.

So when you have both of those flashing it means there is a fault with DPF system (nothing about that in manual). Apparently yesterday I caught a stick and it's broke the male end of the connector. Service tech figured it out, I would have never saw it as it was bent over, not completely broke off. He put the female end over the pins and both errors went away. It's in regen now, functioning as it should.
The more you know.....

/ TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing #6  
Maybe try to reset the DPF controller?
View attachment 753697
You have to make sure EVERYTHING is off and tractor in neutral, let tractor idle for a few minutes then you have to hold button down much longer than manual says. Don’t move steering wheel once regen has started, get out without touching any controls, I learned all this the hard way.

/ TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing #7  
So when you have both of those flashing it means there is a fault with DPF system (nothing about that in manual). Apparently yesterday I caught a stick and it's broke the male end of the connector. Service tech figured it out, I would have never saw it as it was bent over, not completely broke off. He put the female end over the pins and both errors went away. It's in regen now, functioning as it should.
The more you know.....
I am having same issue. Both are flashing plus the check engine. What pins are you referring to? I cant get a service tech out for several weeks and need to move feed. Will I loose power or damage it further?

I am having same issue. Both are flashing plus the check engine. What pins are you referring to? I cant get a service tech out for several weeks and need to move feed. Will I loose power or damage it further?

Drivers side of the engine, just up from the front tire. There is a black box with a connector and 4-5 wires sticking out of it. See if that's lose.
MIL seems to have to do with that connector being bent/broken. I somehow got a small tree branch stuck in there and the connector broke lose.
Unfortunately, service told me they had to replace the whole unit. If it's not covered under your warranty it's ....... a lot. (~$1000)

My understanding is that no you will not do damage to it if you run it that way. It just won't know when to regen.
But, I suggest you confirm with service.

1701701766829.png

/ TYM474 - Regen / DPF with MIL - Both Flashing #9  
Drivers side of the engine, just up from the front tire. There is a black box with a connector and 4-5 wires sticking out of it. See if that's lose.
MIL seems to have to do with that connector being bent/broken. I somehow got a small tree branch stuck in there and the connector broke lose.
Unfortunately, service told me they had to replace the whole unit. If it's not covered under your warranty it's ....... a lot. (~$1000)

My understanding is that no you will not do damage to it if you run it that way. It just won't know when to regen.
But, I suggest you confirm with service.

View attachment 835387
That black box is an exhaust valve actuated by a stepper motor and a controller for the motor. This valve is used to increase the temperature of the DPF and therefore complete the regen process. Without that working 100%, there is no way for it to increase the temps enough for the DPF.