TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #31  
That could have also been drip gas. Was very low octane but good enough for the old flatheads and very cheap. My grandpa would buy it for $1 or less a drum back then.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time
He said it was a mix of Diesel and gas. He was at the station trying to figure out why it was smoking so bad when this one old timer came up and asked him about it. He told the story to the guy and he jus laughed. When the owner of the tractor pulled in all hot about someone stealing his fuel saying he will catch them because it will make them smoke. The old timer said to the farmer he just poured some kerosene in the carb of my father in law to do something (Can't Remember exactly what it was) and it will cause these kids to smoke for a bit. Farmer accepted that and drove off. My father in law was a bit of a trouble maker when he was a kid. Four years in the Navy fixed that. He had lots of stories like that.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #33  
Oh dang, that's a good one. Just the laugh I needed today. LMAO.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #34  
I have heard of those. My farther in law when he was a kid back in the 50s stole fuel from a tractor for his car not knowing. Car smoked like a mother until he burnt most of it out and added pure gas. Never did that again.
I pulled into Ely, Nevada at about 0230, To get fuel and some coffee. I’m color blind. Pump had five nozzles. White, light green, green, dark green and black. Figuring black was the highest octane of the bunch, I pumped 10.5-gallons into my 13.5 gallon tank. Grabbed coffee and pack of little chocolate donuts, and pointed south. About ten minutes later, the truck started to stumble and loose power. So, I turned around and went back to Ely for the night.

Next morning I figured out my mistake, and I bought three five gallon gas cans, and used the electric fuel pump to drain the tank into them, then added the 1-gallon of reserve gas I carried, and limped ot the gas station. I got it filled up with gasoline, and pointed south again. About half way to Vegas, I saw that one of the Contractors I worked with fairly frequently had their crusher, sett up in a gravel pit. I drove in, and the operator and I dumped the three cans of diesel/gasoline mix into the fuel tank for their big generator set. Talked to the guys for a bit, and went on down the road.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #35  
I purged about a quart of fuel from the fuel line and there was no water in what I purged out. So hope that is all there was. I did do the open the fuel cap trick and it actually helped a lot. Took the cap apart and it was a bit dirty and had moisture in the foam inside the cap. Blew out the moisture and cleaned cap. Will see how she runs today. Fuel Tank is now full.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #36  
I would think water in the fuel. Maybe low fuel pump pressure to the filter.
Or PTOs is in a bind.? Like driving a car with emergency brake on.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time
Ok, so here is what I have done. New lift pump added and after 26 minutes it started to bog down again. I disengaged the brush hog and still did the same thing just not as severe. At idle it did seem to be running a bit rough. Almost like a gas engine when you have a spark plug issue and misses. Could it be an injector issue? It is going to take me a long time to mow this field at 20 minutes and then rest for two hours. My wife says to play the Lottery and if I win I can get a new tractor. She is no help.