TYM 474 third arms not functioning

/ TYM 474 third arms not functioning #1  

BigTennFan65

Tractor
Kubota M5040
Hey all, a family member recently changed his hydraulic fluid and filters on his 2021/22 TYM 474 cabin/air tractor and now the third arms will not function, up or down.

Steps already taken for resolution:
  1. Fluid levels in sight glass appears good
  2. Front loader works as it should
  3. PTO works as it should
  4. Removed fill cable, worked loader to cycle fluid thinking there is air in the system
  5. Raised and lowered third arms manually multiple times to move potential air in system
  6. NOTE: after operating tractor for a few minutes fluid in sight glass becomes foamy looking which leads me to air in the system.
  7. Is there a method to bleed this hydraulic system? Haven't been able to find one.
Thank you for any help in advance!

/ TYM 474 third arms not functioning #2  
I'm not familiar with third arms, I guess you mean the 3pt is not operating. Did he check the lever between his feet under the seat, at least that is where it is on mine. It is easy to hit it and disable your 3 pt. I am not sure about the bubbles in the sight glass, perhaps manually lifting the arms caused some air to get sucked in a breather??

Last edited:
   / TYM 474 third arms not functioning #3  
If you have remotes, make sure the levers are in the neutral/middle position.

It's very common for people to bump the lever, which won't let the 3pt work.

/ TYM 474 third arms not functioning
Problem solved, family member had a tool in the cab with him in the back right corner. This tool hit a small "selector" button/switch/lever moving it from the neutral position causing the arms to not work. The lever has A, Neutral, and B selections. I am assuming this is the "detent" lever that I read about in another post.
The lever is not shown or noted in the owners manual or any documentation found yesterday.

Thank you guys for the input, it is greatly appreciated.

/ TYM 474 third arms not functioning #5  
Problem solved, family member had a tool in the cab with him in the back right corner. This tool hit a small "selector" button/switch/lever moving it from the neutral position causing the arms to not work. The lever has A, Neutral, and B selections. I am assuming this is the "detent" lever that I read about in another post.
The lever is not shown or noted in the owners manual or any documentation found yesterday.

Thank you guys for the input, it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for posting the solution. Too many others never seem to bother.