Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they?

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #31  
See post #17;Check the width of the factory bracket;search SuperBrights.com for similar style and wattage.
You will find the physical dimensions listed on their site.
Mounting point of new LED's must come out the back not the bottom.I did mine several years ago and can't find a copy of the purchase but know they are 18 watt and plenty of light.

It looks like the light you reference in post 17 is the ONLY led light that might fit this application. I went out and took a few more pics of the way my lights are mounted on both my L5740 and my L6060. I think that for the rear, on my 5740, I could just put the LED's in the place of the caution lights. This is a pic of the rear of my 5740. I had someone make the box around the caution lights to protect from trees in the woods.
Kubota lights 14.JPG

And, on the rear of the 6060, it looks like I may be able to use the factory brackets also.
Kubota lights 12.JPGKubota lights 13.JPG

This is a pic of the connectors. Wish I could find some that would match up.
Kubota lights 11.JPG

For the front on both the 5740 and the 6060 would be more difficult to install. I maybe able to use the light referenced in post 17
Kubota lights 11.JPGKubota lights 9.JPGKubota lights 4.JPGKubota lights 11.JPGKubota lights 9.JPGKubota lights 4.JPG

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #32  
Sorry, I posted the wrong pic for the connectors.

Kubota lights 6.JPG

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they?
I think that for the rear, on my 5740, I could just put the LED's in the place of the caution lights.

Yes, you can....I said that earlier in this thread you can swap them out. It was post #20 as a direct reply to you.

Here is the completed project of me swapping out my factory flashers for LED rear lights. Af first I used 20 watt cube lights but switched them out and went with round 30 watt round LED lights. Turned out great. I was able to smash the wires in there without having to cut the connectors off.

2018-03-04 15.07.56.jpg

Last edited:
   / Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #34  
My front and factory mounting brackets both measure 1-9/16".Only had to spread a little for the LED's.
Again if you go to www.superbrightleds.com,find a similar light and they have all the physical dimensions.
I moved my factory halogens to the rear.

Attachments

• 100_1691.JPG
    100_1691.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 193
To the 1 or 2 people following this thread....I have FINALLY figured out a solution to the top work lights. If you all think this is worth posting in a another thread let me know and I will for future Grand Cab Owners. I origiginaly cracked open the factory housing and purchased some H3 LED bulbs for 19.99 for 2 bulbs. These did NOT have the fans or any type of cooling system. They were not very bright at all and within an hour they started making me pop fuses. I removed them and sent them back to amazon. Amazon.com: Cougar Motor H3 LED Fog Light/DRL Bulbs - CREE 5�W 5���K Bright White (Pack of two bulbs): Automotive. If you wanted some to color match a light bar that is in between your factory worklights...these would be 100% PERFECT for that as they require no manipulation and are simply plug and play...same LED color to match the led light bar you install.

Since the light output sucked badly I started looking for another solution but nothing will fit in the housing....It is just too tight a pace in there. So I ended up ordering some different H3 lights that have a fanless cooling system. usually the cooling systems means the lights are brighter than the sun...and these are like that. So what I did was drill out the back of the light housing and allow these light housing to poke through the back of the factory light housing and I let these big cooling flexible things come out and I just taped them to the back of the housing. It works like a freaking charm and I did not have to cut any factory wire......I only had to manipulate the factory housing...and I did that because had I ordered LED lights I would have ended up having to chuck the factory work lights anyway. So I have found solution that keeps the factory look for the front headlights and they are SUPER bright. They were 60 bucks on amazon.

So I have all that wire and stuff tucked around the back of the factory work light housing and zip tied up.

Next I bought some insane H4s with fans on them for the front lights on the grille. I am going to follow Paul and Kathy Short's video for the installation of them. I basically did the same thing for the work lights but went with a fanless system for the LEDs.

Amazon.com: JKCOVER LED H3 Headlight Bulbs with Advanced LED Chip and All In One Fanless Conversion Kit - 8W 6K 96Lm(4W 48LM Each Bulb)-1 Year Warranty: Automotive

61xGMGHv+aL._SL1000_.jpg 61DtUUEF2UL._SL1000_.jpg 2018-03-07 18.36.24.jpg2018-03-07 18.18.41.jpg

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #36  
That is great news Old Red. Are these considered flood or spot lights?

Could you get a pic of the lights from the back side of the factory housing?

And, if you ever decide to go back to the factory lights, will you be able to now that you drilled the factory housing?

That is great news Old Red. Are these considered flood or spot lights?

Could you get a pic of the lights from the back side of the factory housing?

And, if you ever decide to go back to the factory lights, will you be able to now that you drilled the factory housing?

No you can't....they are completely ruined as regular factory work lights. I am not sure how much they are from Kubota, but since I was going to ditch them if I went with the little mini led light bars or cubes I just went on ahead and drilled a 1 inch hole in the back. In order to get a good photo I would have to take them back, off and I am just going to leave them on there.

These are definitely flood lights in how they operate. The front lights behind the grill are more spot.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #38  
No you can't....they are completely ruined as regular factory work lights. I am not sure how much they are from Kubota, but since I was going to ditch them if I went with the little mini led light bars or cubes I just went on ahead and drilled a 1 inch hole in the back. In order to get a good photo I would have to take them back, off and I am just going to leave them on there.

These are definitely flood lights in how they operate. The front lights behind the grill are more spot.

No, don't take them off. This is all good info. I've been busy with other projects and haven't ordered anything yet. I appreciate you posting your findings.

I may go with this solution for the front of my 2 tractors and just add some others to the back since I can mount them in place of the caution light and they are cheaper than these.

Thanks for your information.

No, don't take them off. This is all good info. I've been busy with other projects and haven't ordered anything yet. I appreciate you posting your findings.

I may go with this solution for the front of my 2 tractors and just add some others to the back since I can mount them in place of the caution light and they are cheaper than these.

Thanks for your information.

This seems to be the best solution. I used 2 rear lights from rural king. They were round and had a total of six 5 watt individual LED bulbs in them. I removed the rear flashers and put these in the flashers place on the bottom of the bracket. It is a good combo that was less than 100 bucks to complete and keeps everything factory looking for the most part...although I don't really care about that.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #40