Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they?

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #21  
I'm going to add rear work lights to my L5740 because I have a big job coming up and I may be working at night.

I have a few questions.

2. The next pic is from inside the cab and shows wires hanging out on the right rear corner of the cab. Are any of these wires for the rear work lights? Old Red said he found his work light wires taped to the flasher light wires. I have not looked there.
View attachment 542309

Left pinky finger is pointing to the side glass defogger connection and index finger is pointing to the wiper connector.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they?
Update...this is the 35 watt H3 bulb that lives in the factory front work lights......the housing of these work lights are not large enough to hold the LED lights that have the built in fans....those fans are to keep the bulbs cool they are so stinking bright. So I found an H3 LED bulb that does not have that fan but is still an LED that I thought would be brighter than this factory 35 watt bulb that comes inside the housing. It is brighter but not like what we are used to seeing when we switch to LEDs.

I have found several 55, 70, and even 100 watt Halogen H3 bulbs that will fit the factory Kubota housing but I am concerned that if I put a 100 watt Hella bulb in there they wiring would not be sized large enough to handle such a strong bulb. I am not concerned about the tractor's charging system as I am replacing all the halogens with LEDs so I definitely have the extra room on the charging system. I just don't want to melt any wires running a 100 watt bulb. Anyone have any ideas if the factory wiring system can handle a 70 or 100 watt halogen bulb for the front work lights?

When I switched to hella 100 watt bulbs in my Jeep I put a new harness on there to keep the factory harness from melting.

The other option here is to stop chasing rabbits and place an LED light on there from Larson Lights like NYBirdman did....that would probably be the wisest choice for me....

2018-03-03 14.29.24.jpg

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #23  
Thanks again guys for the info. I have located 3 more connectors up in the cab near the switches. The first one was white which I pictured in an earlier post. Two more are blue and the last and largest one is black. I also located the wires on the outside of the cab and taped to the hazard light wires.
Kubota connectors 2.JPGKubota connectors 3.JPGKubota connectors 4.JPG

What are you guys doing to connect to the aftermarket lights? Are you cutting off the factory connector and adding your own quick connect? Or have you been able to find something that you can just plug into the Kubota connection?

I'm considering ordering these. Amazon.com: Nilight Led Light Bar 2PCS 36w 6.5Inch Flood Led Off Road Lights Super Bright Driving Fog Light Boat Lights Driving Lights Led Work Light SUV Jeep Lamp,2 Years Warranty: Automotive

I have a total of 8 lights that I might change out because they are the same on both my L6060 and my L5740. I ordered my L6060 with the factory rear work lights, but I'll have to add them on my L5740.

The factory lights measure about 7.5" wide by about 3.5" tall, so I'm sure the lights I linked to above will fit.

Kubota light measurment 2.JPGKubota light measurment.JPG

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #24  
Thanks again guys for the info. I have located 3 more connectors up in the cab near the switches. The first one was white which I pictured in an earlier post. Two more are blue and the last and largest one is black. I also located the wires on the outside of the cab and taped to the hazard light wires.
View attachment 542370View attachment 542371View attachment 542372

What are you guys doing to connect to the aftermarket lights? Are you cutting off the factory connector and adding your own quick connect? Or have you been able to find something that you can just plug into the Kubota connection?

I'm considering ordering these. Amazon.com: Nilight Led Light Bar 2PCS 36w 6.5Inch Flood Led Off Road Lights Super Bright Driving Fog Light Boat Lights Driving Lights Led Work Light SUV Jeep Lamp,2 Years Warranty: Automotive

I have a total of 8 lights that I might change out because they are the same on both my L6060 and my L5740. I ordered my L6060 with the factory rear work lights, but I'll have to add them on my L5740.

The factory lights measure about 7.5" wide by about 3.5" tall, so I'm sure the lights I linked to above will fit.

View attachment 542373View attachment 542374

You may have a problem with those lights if you are going to use the factory bracket;they are 90 degrees off.I.E. the mount is on the bottom not the back.

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #25  
Not the best picture;I'll take a couple tomorrow.I only had to spread the factory mount a little bit to fit.
I used water-proof(marine) splices.

Attachments

• led lights 002.jpg
    led lights 002.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 75
   / Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #26  
Not the best picture;I'll take a couple tomorrow.I only had to spread the factory mount a little bit to fit.

I see what you are saying. I'm going to do a little more searching before I order. Thanks for probably saving me $40!!!

Not good pics here either, but I can see how the mounts are on the factory lights.

Kubota lights 4.JPGKubota lights 5.JPG
Kubota lights 4.JPGKubota lights 5.JPG

I see what you are saying. I'm going to do a little more searching before I order. Thanks for probably saving me $40!!!

Not good pics here either, but I can see how the mounts are on the factory lights.

I tried a few different types I have here already and no success at getting them to mount up on the front. I tried the cubes and some that look almost identical to NY Birdmans...the problem was not fitting the U bracket, the problem is they would not tilt back. This is why I am trying so hard to find a H3 bulb replacement for the factory work light. The first H3s I tried today kept chasing me to pop fuses.

Which exact lights are those?

/ Two Wires in My Cab L5740...what are they? #29  
Which exact lights are those?

See post #17;Check the width of the factory bracket;search SuperBrights.com for similar style and wattage.
You will find the physical dimensions listed on their site.
Mounting point of new LED's must come out the back not the bottom.I did mine several years ago and can't find a copy of the purchase but know they are 18 watt and plenty of light.

See post #17;Check the width of the factory bracket;search SuperBrights.com for similar style and wattage.
You will find the physical dimensions listed on their site.
Mounting point of new LED's must come out the back not the bottom.I did mine several years ago and can't find a copy of the purchase but know they are 18 watt and plenty of light.

No worries...thanks...yeah I tried several....even pancake ones like you have shown there. It is very finicky on the type of lights it will accept. This is kind of why I have been fooling around with swapping out the bulb inside the housing. One of the new LED H3 bulbs I received yesterday started causing the system to snap fuses. So the light had some sort of short in it. Going to try another brand and if this isn't satisfactory then I will go with the Larsen LED lights.