TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #271  
Interesting things I read/heard about some of the cast of Hogan's Heros a while ago. There are some interviews on YouTube
No need for the Tube. It's all out there on the Wiki and a few other places. You forgot Hochstetter though, Howard Caine.

"Howard Caine was born on January 2, 1926 in Nashville, Tennessee into a Jewish family. At the age of 13 Cohen moved with his family to New York City, where he began studying acting. Learning to suppress his Southern accent, he went on to become a master of 32 foreign and American dialects. Caine served in the United States Navy during World War II from 1944 to 1946, fighting the Japanese in the Pacific Theatre."

That's the only one of his over 700 live stage or TV appearances anyone remembers.

People think Clary is the last survivor, but they forget about Kenneth Washington who played Baker in the last season:

2278c434fce70f2f20f17ac706727a57.jpg

It sucks when you think back on all these people you 'grew up with' that are gone and what they accomplished in their lives while you muddled through day after day.

Last edited:
   / TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #272  
So is Christopher Walken, he was on board as well.
Yep, Walken and Wagner know something they ain't saying. They were on a 55 foot boat. 55 feet is a big boat, but it is still a boat, and thus has small, close spaces. It is hard to believe that the captain of the boat, Walken and Wagner did NOT know what happened. The boat is/was a sport fisher and there is just not that much separation of space on the boat. If you go to the bathroom, everyone is likely to know, much less have a fight where a woman is bruised, scraped up, and ends up falling over board without being noticed.

The boat also has high life lines, unlike many boats, so falling over board, by mistake, is even less likely

The sad thing is that people in the anchorage heard a woman screaming for help and they did nothing... Not to mention that someone almost certainly has gotten away with murder. :mad:

Woods was reportedly viciously raped as a 16 year old by a very big Hollywood star. Poor woman was abused early in her career and at the end of her life. Neither man/men responsible were punished. :mad:

Later,
Dan

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #273  
It sucks when you think back on all these people you 'grew up with' that are gone and what they accomplished in their lives while you muddled through day after day.
We are all on our own path in life.

When U.S. troops captured ****** Hussein, news stations obviously already had a show queued up for the occasion to summarize his entire life. The show indicated that when he was 42 years old, he became the ultimate ruler of Iraq.

It just so happened that I was 42 at the time, and truth be told, I was the ultimate ruler of jack squat. I couldn't help thinking that I have been slacking.

There are pluses and minuses to any choice in life. No one knows how things might have worked out or how satisfied I would be if I made different choices.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...
For anyone interested...the 7th and final season of 'BOSCH' is now streaming on Prime...
...Word is there will be a new series with Bosch his daughter and his once adversary Honey Chandler (played by Mimi Rogers)...

basically sounds like a lawyer/investigator yarn but knowing the Bosch character he won't be working for the defense unless he has a reason...most cops and ex cops hate defense lawyers...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #275  
For anyone interested...the 7th and final season of 'BOSCH' is now streaming on Prime...
...Word is there will be a new series with Bosch his daughter and his once adversary Honey Chandler (played by Mimi Rogers)...

basically sounds like a lawyer/investigator yarn but knowing the Bosch character he won't be working for the defense unless he has a reason...most cops and ex cops hate defense lawyers...
I tried watching the series and realized that overall, I would rather read a book for entertainment.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...
I tried watching the series and realized that overall, I would rather read a book for entertainment.
I'm a movie lover and TV series are generally like a long movie...
...I started reading fiction back when so many books (mostly action, adventure, suspense etc...) were being turned into blockbuster movies...back then I used the library or bought paperbacks...always looking for the latest from whatever author I recognized...

...99.9% of the time the book is better often (but not always) much better...but by reading the book first and then watching the film adaptation it is getting the best of both worlds...especially if you like the actors etc...

Often I am just too tired to read it requires both concentration and physical activity (although minimal on both counts)...sometimes it nice to lay back and watch a movie where you're familiar with the story...

When it comes to TV series adapted from a book or series of books...the best adaptations are the ones where the original author has a hands on position with the writing etc...'Bosch' (Connelly) is one of those series...'Justified' (E. Leonard) is another...

On the other hand...there are some extremely talented people that can make a movie that tells a story so well and fascinating that there is no way a book can even come close to matching...The Cohen Bros. and Quintin Tarantino come to mind...!

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #277  
Seems like every few years someone "has new information" about her death and the answer remains the same.

There are quite a few deaths of men falling off boats when they wee over the side. Never heard of a woman falling in for this reason much less dying. :unsure: Lots of people out there living on boats, far too many, drink too much, too often. I have not heard of one woman falling off the boat and drowning when drunk. Or otherwise. Having said that, I can think of two men who killed women on their boats. One guy killed at least three over time and he now is a long term guest of the Japanese. Another guy killed at least one woman and I forget which country has put him away.

I can remember three other cases, where a guy killed multiple people for various reasons. In two cases a guy killed a husband and wife to get their boat. This happened twice, different criminals. In another case, the husband killed his wife, another couple, and one child. Another child should have died but survived.

Woods falling off a boat and drowning is highly unusual. Tis possible of course, but I have not heard of that happening to another woman.

Later,
Dan

Drowning is the #3 cause of accidental death. In the US the most economically active are the most likely to drown except in a disaster such as flood. Children and men are more likely to drown. But that seems to follow the amount of time they spend on or near water. Alcohol increases your likelihood of drowning. You have a bunch of drunken people and some kind of lovers quarrel. On a 47.5 foot boat. Drowning could happen. The rest of the craziness surrounding the whole thing , well it sounds crazy.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #278  

Thanks for that information. Love the Bosch series.

Bosch’s half brother is the Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller). There is a book where he works for his brother in aiding the defense after he retires from the LAPD.

Money Chandler lasted one book and was killed. But, in the TV series she will not die but be a main character.

MoKelly

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #280  
On season 7 and finished 6 episodes so far! We love getting started and hooked on a TV series after it has been on for a few years. Allows us to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time and not forget what all is going on.