TV show: forged in fire

/ TV show: forged in fire #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Anyone else watched some episodes.

I'll admit I know little about forging or knifemaking, so someone correct me if I am wrong...

It just seems the whole show is amateur. I think I have seen 3 or 4 episodes , so that's 12 or more "knifemakers" ond it seems pretty darn rare to see one that don't crack or warp a blade.

And almost just as many that must not understand what inches are, or how to measure them. I think 3 out of the 4 episodes had someone DQ'd just because they couldn't get within a 4" window for length.

I like the concept of the show, but certainly think they could do way better.

/ TV show: forged in fire #2  
I watched one show and it was entertaining. Not something that I'd look forward to seeing on a regular basis. Like the rest of the so-called reality shows, it's pretty hokey. Crisis after crisis, super critical deadlines, a "WHAT IF??" every 7 minutes, cut away to commercial whenever it is implied there will be a catastrophe, etc, etc. The poor family that will starve to death if papa misses that 300 yard shot at a running porcupine. The people who live in complete wilderness but apparently frequent a hardware store somewhere.........

/ TV show: forged in fire #3  
I watched one show and it was entertaining. Not something that I'd look forward to seeing on a regular basis. Like the rest of the so-called reality shows, it's pretty hokey. Crisis after crisis, super critical deadlines, a "WHAT IF??" every 7 minutes, cut away to commercial whenever it is implied there will be a catastrophe, etc, etc. The poor family that will starve to death if papa misses that 300 yard shot at a running porcupine. The people who live in complete wilderness but apparently frequent a hardware store somewhere.........

Agreed. I always wondered why all the "deadlines" in "reality shows. Oh lets see, maybe so we can have some "drama". Every HGTV home remodel, always has a deadline to finish up just before the owners walk in the door... "just made it".. yada, yada, yada. The Knife show is the same thing... Just staged crap like all of them. Those of us that have actually made something, know that often you need to take your time and do it right the first time. I guess show producers think actually craftsmanship would be boring to the majority of the audience.

/ TV show: forged in fire #4  
I have never cared much for any reality show and have watched very few episodes. I wonder why I would prefer sitting on the couch watching someone else live their life rather than living my own. Perhaps there should be a reality show about couch potatoes. The drama before a break could be do we have any ice cream in the freezer and if not how can we get some.

/ TV show: forged in fire
All reality shows seem to be crap anymore. I guess thats why I dont watch much TV, but when I do, its a struggle to find something decent on. I am more liking the shows like "what could possibly go wrong" and ofcourse reruns of mythbusters. But the last good reality show I enjoyed, except for the one season that had too much drama, was topshot.

/ TV show: forged in fire #6  
I like pawn stars and pickers. I like the farm and ranch shows on RFD. I also like their music programs.

/ TV show: forged in fire #7  
Those of us that have actually made something, know that often you need to take your time and do it right the first time.

That's right, James! I am NOT procrastinating... I'm taking my time and doing it right the first time! :rolleyes:

/ TV show: forged in fire #8  
I have never cared much for any reality show and have watched very few episodes. I wonder why I would prefer sitting on the couch watching someone else live their life rather than living my own. Perhaps there should be a reality show about couch potatoes. The drama before a break could be do we have any ice cream in the freezer and if not how can we get some.

You just made my day!:laughing:

/ TV show: forged in fire #9  
I've tried watching a couple different reality shows - the hokey drama and the breathless commentators are just a little too much. When Norm had his show with Bob Villa - Home Improvement - I enjoyed watching them make furniture etc. I know for a fact all the different reality shows about living in Alaska are pure hokey - I lived in AK for 20+ years and it sure ain't like that!!

Its somewhat upsetting to think that there is a segment of the population that enjoys the reality shows. Its kind of like - "how low can you go".

Now, I don't intend to upset anybody here - but for God's sake - get out and make a life for yourself. That's reality.

/ TV show: forged in fire #10  
I've tried watching a couple different reality shows - the hokey drama and the breathless commentators are just a little too much. When Norm had his show with Bob Villa - Home Improvement - I enjoyed watching them make furniture etc. I know for a fact all the different reality shows about living in Alaska are pure hokey - I lived in AK for 20+ years and it sure ain't like that!!

Its somewhat upsetting to think that there is a segment of the population that enjoys the reality shows. Its kind of like - "how low can you go".

Now, I don't intend to upset anybody here - but for God's sake - get out and make a life for yourself. That's reality.

I know those Alaska shows ain't accurate but i still like to watch them. To me they are different way of life then us in Michigan