Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size?

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #1  

voodoo

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TE 4270
Turfs to Industrial R4\'s - what size?

I recently posted on the merits of mixing R1's and R3's. Most said don't do it. One suggestion was to swap out entirely to R4's which will have equivalent sizes.

Given this, can someone with more knowledge than me give R4 sizes equivalent to 212 x 80D -15 turf fronts and 355 x 80D- 20 turf rears. I do not want to be changing rims. Current tires are Bridgestone, but this is not a brand specific post /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Many thanks for any help,
Nigel

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #2  
Re: Turfs to Industrial R4\'s - what size?

Here is a good site for finding tire sizes. Miller Tire.
You may not be able to find a R-4 tire that will match your rims.

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size?

Thanks Ron,

Can't seem to find what I'm looking for, but I'll keep looking.

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #4  

Does your Operator's Manual show the different type tires you can install on your tractor and the sizes? For example;

REAR
Ag - 11.2-24
Turf - 13.6-16
Industrial - 15-19.5

FRONT
Ag - 7-14
Turf - 25 x 8.5-14
Industrial - 25 x 8.5-14

Also, each type rear tire uses a different rim.

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size?

Mike,
Manual shows sizes of both turfs and ag's. The rims for these both front and rear are different. No mention of R4's.

Someone had suggested that an R4 might fit the turf rim without a change whilst maintaining the rolling circumference, hence my question.

Guess I'll keep looking.

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Manual shows sizes of both turfs and ag's. The rims for these both front and rear are different. No mention of R4's.
)</font>
This is something you might have to deal with. A friend needed to replace his tires on an older KUBOTA B9200 (i think) he had ags but wanted R4"s could not find them anywhere to fit his rims. so he settled on TURFS. IN HIS PARTICULAR CASE, he says he should have stayed with R1's if he could not get R4's.

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #7  

R4's will replace the rear R1 on a B9200, if it is a 12.4x16. They use the same size rim. For the front, it requires a different rim.

The B9200 is the same as my B8200, except it has a couple more HP.

The B8200 uses the same tire/rim sizes as B21, B2150, B2710, B2910.

In my case, I had turfs. The rear rims were too wide for R1 or R4. I got new rims with the new tires. For the fronts, I was able to reuse the turf rim. The R4 and turf tire are same width; the R1 front tire is narrow...

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #8  

I have my doubts about being able to interchange different tire types to the same rims. The tires are a different dimension so I don't see how they will fit.

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #9  

I guess I should add that I have been down this road before when I wanted the same thing when I first bought my Dynamo Hummmmm. Is NOT Work !! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I had to settle with the turfs that were already on or spend $$$$$$thousands getting new wheels. I guess I could have got used but none were available.

Depending upon what your doing it's not so bad. I added 500 Lbs & look out. I NOT getting stuck even in slick slushyy wet slipppery snnoww stuff !! Ha Ha Ha , I beat it !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Turfs to Industrial R4's - what size? #10  

It is dependant on the tractor and application.

In the case of the B8200, the R1 rear tires are 12.4x16. This is also a commom size for R1 and R4. Rolling diameter for both are the same.

On the fronts, the rolling diameter for proper size R1, R4, and turf are close. The R1 and R4 share a common rolling diameter. The R1 is narrower, but of the same height as the R4.

The R4 needs a wider rim, since it is substantially wider than the R1, by a few inches. The rim for the turf is the same width called out for in tire charts for the R4.

I had to switch to a narrower rim on the rear, the size required by R1. It is a 10" wide rim. The turfs were a wider tire, and required a wider rim(12"). I COULD have mounted the R4 on the turf rim, but since the rim was soooo wide, it would have protruded out farther in relation to the sidewall, and been more susceptible to damage.

So, yes, the rims on the back did change. In my case, $750 worth of tire and rim... The back would have worked with the wider rim, but would have been easy to damage. And, the cost of the tire and rim package was so close to the price for just the tires, it was worth it to still have my turfs as spares...

It took a lot of checking in to, and verifying. Works like a charm though. It was simplified in my case, by the fact the entire "larger" size Kubota "B" series uses the same tires and rims between models(B8200, B9200, B2150, B21, B2710, B2910).

This was my expierience; however it may vary by brand and model....