TSC Seat

/ TSC Seat #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
Anyone use the 5-position suspension seat from TSC? Tractor Supply Company - 5-Position Suspension Seat, Black
I have a Farmtrac 270DTC and the bracket on the bottom of the seat broke off. I am looking to upgrade the seat some but I don't use it enough to get something costing several hundred dollars. So if you have one of these from TSC how do you like it? Can you give me the height from the bottom of the mounting plate to the top of the seat? I want to make sure it wont sit too high.

/ TSC Seat #2  
I bought it, tried it, then returned it. The narrow seat brackets and high mount didn't provide enough support and it felt wobbly to me. Well, I remember it was slightly cheaper and the one I purchased was yellow but it looks like the same seat to me.

/ TSC Seat #3  
I couldn't quite tell if it was exactly the same as the one I got from Agri-Supply or not, since a lot of their stuff is the same.
But anyway, I got the Agri-Supply seat and mounted it on my Kama. It turned out to be a real good investment for my back and rear. If the TSC seat is similar, and your current seat is a piece of junk, it's worth changing out.
Here's a thread to my installation.
Perhaps you can tell if it is similar to the TSC one?
Agri-Supply Seat Installation

/ TSC Seat #4  
I have one on my ford 2910. I like it much better support than stock low back. the only difference was finding a way to hook up the seatbelt.

/ TSC Seat
I couldn't tell if the TSC one I am looking at is the same as the Agri Supply or one from Northerntool. The overall shape is the same but the seat padding is different. That just might be the way they differentiate each other. On the Northerntool site they have reviews and the people that list themselves as Professional were not so impressed with the seat where the hobbiests liked it better. That doesn't supprise me and since I fall into the second catagory this might be a descent seat for the price.

/ TSC Seat #6  
Eric_Phillips said:
Anyone use the 5-position suspension seat from TSC? Tractor Supply Company - 5-Position Suspension Seat, Black
I have a Farmtrac 270DTC and the bracket on the bottom of the seat broke off. I am looking to upgrade the seat some but I don't use it enough to get something costing several hundred dollars. So if you have one of these from TSC how do you like it? Can you give me the height from the bottom of the mounting plate to the top of the seat? I want to make sure it wont sit too high.

I just installed one on my zero turn mower as the original suspension seat springs were worn out. The TSC seat sits up higher than my original, so it took a little adjustment (learning to steer from a higher position).
I and my back are very satisfied so far. I paid $89.00 here in MI. for it.
The only thing I may do to it is drill a few more angle adjusting holes in it (I need the seat tipped down more in the front) and extend the weight adjustment screw on the back ( I have it set on the lowest position and would like it to adjust down a little more) .

Paul

/ TSC Seat #7  
I have a simular seat on my Mitsubishi, It had a non suspension seat on it that was really a PITA after a short while in the seat.

I had to modify the snot out of it to make it fit but it is worlds better than the non-suspension seat.

/ TSC Seat
I did pick up the seat this weekend. I thought for sure with all those holes in the mounting plate that I should be able to drop it in. Well of course that was not the situation. The old seat sat on a platform that is approximaetly 3" high. The new seat is about 2" higher that the old seat. I am going to try cutting about 2" off the legs of the platform and rewelding them. Then drill new mounting bolt holes to line up with some of the holes in the seat plate.

As for the seat belt. Do you think I could attach the belt to the bolt that used to tilt the seat? I might need longer bolts but that would be simple.

/ TSC Seat #10  
I bought this for my Ford 4000 and thought I was going to have to modify it to get it to fit. But after trying differnt alignment holes it fit to the Ford mounts. It was PIA to get the bolts back in but I'm not planning on taking it off anytime soon. I really do like the seat once I got the spring adjusted right. Sure beat the origianl seat since the spring had broke in it.

Wedge