Sprayer TSC Boom Sprayers

/ TSC Boom Sprayers #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I am looking at Tractor Supply Company for a boom sprayer. They offer two in the 50-60 gallon range set up for a 3ph. One is a Fimco the other may be a store brand, there is no infomation on their web site. Any one have information positive or negative about either sprayer?

Thanks,
Eric

/ TSC Boom Sprayers #2  
Eric, I'm not sure whether you're talking about a PTO powered, or a 12 volt electric powered, sprayer. I've no experience with their PTO powered rigs, but the last I knew, the 12 volt ones used a Shurflo pump, which is basically the same pump as the one used for the water system in RVs. They're good pumps, and even if you do ever have a problem with it, they're easy to repair and the parts are cheap.

/ TSC Boom Sprayers
Yes both of these need PTO pumps. After looking closer I noticed that both of them come with out pumps. TSC has 6 roller PTO pump kits for $132 so I need to add this to the cost.

Eric

/ TSC Boom Sprayers #5  
Eric, the roller pumps are good ones if properly cared for. The biggest problem with them is corrosion if left unused and no liquid in them. Some people use oil; I used antifreeze. When I finished with mine, I'd pour Prestone in it. Next time I used it, I'd pour out the antifreeze first into a can and put it back in when I finished, if it wasn't going to be used for awhile. I used mine primarily for insecticide and if I intended to use it again within a week or two, I'd just leave it full of the insecticide. As long as it didn't have air in it, it wouldn't corrode. And if it's ever necessary, it's easy to repair or rebuild. Of course the roller pumps are capable of much higher pressure than the 12 volt pumps; i.e., 300 psi vs 60 psi approximately.

/ TSC Boom Sprayers #6  
Does it look like this? (see attachment.)

If it is a PTO powered sprayer, go for a bigger one, for ex. for 100 gallon. Anyway, there will be no much price difference between 55 gallon and 100 gallon pto pump sprayers. What is the length of boom at that 55 gallon sprayer?

Attachments

• 722680-fieldgif.gif
    722680-fieldgif.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 272
   / TSC Boom Sprayers #7  
I love my sprayer. But TSC was brain dead when it came to what I needed to connect up to my PTO. I use a 6 Roller pump. Very nice. Plenty of pressure. They tried to sell me this torque chain setup which was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I just want to plug this thing in and go. Not be messing with chains on either side of my PTO shield. So I got it home and hooked it up. TSC forgot to add the quick disconnect on the PTO side. Another hour trip..... OK, so I get it all hooked up. Keep in mind that the IN/OUT hose connected to the pump already has enough drag to not allow the pump to spin. But just incase she froze up alittle I added a 8" long peice of 1/2" angle iron to the pump's "torque chain" mounting holes. This will hit the draw bar if she tries to spin. I've complained to TSC forever about their support both online and the children in the stores.... Thank God for TBN.....
About the corrosion Bird talks about. It will get ya. Especially if your spraying broadleaf spray which is made to stick to the broadleafs...imagine that /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Buy yourself a bottle of Nutra-Sol. You'll hate the price. For me 7.00$ for two uses. But it cleans the whole system. Also, don't forget to add in the time... The foam takes forever to wash out of the tank before you run the Nutra-Sol through. Then you have to run a half tank with the Nutra-Sol. For me this is as long as it takes to spray the 5 acreas. But I still do it. Just mumbling under my breath... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Let me know if I missed anything.
Mike

Attachments

• 722795-Fimco Boom Sprayer.jpg
    722795-Fimco Boom Sprayer.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 296
   / TSC Boom Sprayers #8  
Mike, fortunately, when mine corroded, I had a sandblast cabinet (actually using glass beads), so it was easy to disassemble the pump, clean it thoroughly, and reassemble. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TSC Boom Sprayers #9  
Eric we have been looking at 3-point TSC boom sprayers ourselves. We weren't thrilled with the $487. price tag on the 55 gallon unit especially since you still had to factor in a roller pump valued at over $100. to use the sprayer.

Since we needed another project anyway we purchased a 65 gallon poly-tank and are in the process of putting a boom sprayer together ourselves.

/ TSC Boom Sprayers #10  
Ya,
I keep telling myself I'm going to purchase one of these. Maybe someday when I grow up..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif