Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist.

/ Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist. #21  
Thanks for looking man, I appreciate it. I just got off the phone with the owner and asked him if ever pressure washed the tractor, and he said 5 or 6 times a year after tilling. I'm thinking he blasted it off, the tractor is very clean.

The search continues I guess.

Actually, I think your search is over...at least for the sticker. Pressure washing will remove that foil sticker as mentioned in my previous post and experience.

The best chance is to find the dealer that originally sold the tractor. Another bet is to find out if Kubota Insurance (or any insurance) has been used. They would have the serial number.

OTOH, a Bill of Sale with the description of the tractor and whatever numbers you can come up with for the engine, transmission, or whatever, should be enough to complete a valid Bill of Sale.

If the serial number is not available then nobody, including lawyers, can challenge the Bill of Sale or establish a lien on the tractor. Get it done and have piece of mind. The tractor police are not going to storm your place and haul it away.

/ Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist.
I'm going to take all the numbers I have to the bank. Get a detailed bill of sale and continue looking. For a company that builds such a good machine, they sure are lacking on putting permanent identification on their tractors.

/ Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist. #23  
I'm going to take all the numbers I have to the bank. Get a detailed bill of sale and continue looking. For a company that builds such a good machine, they sure are lacking on putting permanent identification on their tractors.

If you can't find the model/serial number stamped in the transmission housing it is quite possible it was ground off. It is a fairly good size, probably 5/8" x 4-5" it is pretty tough to miss with the sheet metal off.

Brian

If you can't find the model/serial number stamped in the transmission housing it is quite possible it was ground off. It is a fairly good size, probably 5/8" x 4-5" it is pretty tough to miss with the sheet metal off.

Brian

That number on the left side of the transmission housing inboard of the step, behind the clutch linkage is a big size number, but it is not the serial so Ive been told. The number on this one is 640C1 A. I've cleaned and ran my hand over everything I can find and nothing seems to have been ground anywhere. No missing paint or repainted areas that I can find.

/ Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist. #25  
That number on the left side of the transmission housing inboard of the step, behind the clutch linkage is a big size number, but it is not the serial so Ive been told. The number on this one is 640C1 A. I've cleaned and ran my hand over everything I can find and nothing seems to have been ground anywhere. No missing paint or repainted areas that I can find.

I've been around many many Kubotas over the last 26 years the serial numbers aren't typically this difficult to find. That 640C1 is a casting number. The serial number is mechanically stamped into the transmission/clutch housing.

Brian

I've been around many many Kubotas over the last 26 years the serial numbers aren't typically this difficult to find. That 640C1 is a casting number. The serial number is mechanically stamped into the transmission/clutch housing.

Brian

Brian, I'm just trying to figure it out. I am 99% sure this guy doesn't have a stolen tractor, but other than the glued on tag on the frame rail (which is missing) I have been told to look 10 different places for the stamped serial number. Some say it's on the left, some say right, some say under this sheet metal, some say under that sheet metal, some say under the seat frame, some say valve cover, left side transmission, right side transmission. I've called both dealers, they both said glued on tag (not there anymore). At this point I'd pay $100 for somebody to find it for me. Quite frustrating.

/ Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist. #27  
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhere is the Serial Number for my tractor located?

B Series: on RH side of the front axle.
BX Series: above RH side of front wheel on frame rail.
L Series: on LH side of front axle or under the seat.
Grand L Series: on the LH side of the front axle or RH side of transmission case.
M Series: generally located on LH side of the frame below the engine, below the factory tag.

Maybe some help?

Good luck, Fred

Thanks Fred,

LH side of frame in front of axle - sticker is gone.

I've have the seat and seat frame complletely off.

I'm calling the Kubota dealer and pay somebody to come out, if they will.

The engine serial number is still there, the loader serial number (bushhog) is still there, I figure if somebody had stolen it for resale all the serial numbers would have been removed.

Probably just Karma sticking it to me! :laughing:

/ Trying to find L3400 serial number, it's like it doesn't exist. #30  
Ok I finally found it on mine, it's on the right side of the transmission case under the front edge of the seat. Stamped into a vertical flat machined surface, next to a horizontal control shaft that goes into the right side of the case. Sorry about the picture quality, it's an awful spot to get into. The first and third pic are rotated 90 degrees, lettering is horizontal.
Mine is an L3400DT (gear transmission).

ForumRunner_20140501_190948.png

ForumRunner_20140501_191018.png

If you still can't find it, you may have to remove the sheet metal cover under the front of the seat. The model number is first, then the serial.

Sean

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140501_191110.png
    ForumRunner_20140501_191110.png
    491.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited: