Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #31  
Agree 100%.
\
Buddy hired a gal that deserves a medal.
When it's quiet she dusts, sweeps cleans windows etc on and on.
A real jewel of a sweetheart.
She even brings in lunches for all from time to time.
On her own she bought treats for clients at Xmas and Halloween.

We designated her as an absolute 'keeper'.
Heck I even get her a little something at Xmas!

After Covid, will she agree to travel a few hundred miles to the South one day each week?
I'll pay her mileage.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #32  
Sometimes high volume sales outfits fall flat on service. They put all their effort into sales and cut corners on service. Luckily I had another Kubota dealer within reasonable proximity after buying from a high volume dealer with lousy service response. They then received my business with great sales staff and service departments. They got over $5K in additional sales from me. With the good Kubota low maintenance/repair record only had to use the service dept once and that was a Kubota insurance repair which turned out extremely well. Minor stuff I do myself for over 1500 hrs.

Ron

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #33  
Agree 100%.
\
Buddy hired a gal that deserves a medal.
When it's quiet she dusts, sweeps cleans windows etc on and on.
A real jewel of a sweetheart.
She even brings in lunches for all from time to time.
On her own she bought treats for clients at Xmas and Halloween.

We designated her as an absolute 'keeper'.
Heck I even get her a little something at Xmas!

I was offered an opportunity to go to Westinginghouse corp. training in MD for 2 years in the early 80s. You then move onto corp. management. 1 person from each division, from all over the world, got the chance each year, quite an honor.

He said, as far as he knew, I was the only person who ever turned it down.

He also taught me that 90% of the work is done by 10% of your employees. He called them super stars and was very clear. Take good good care of your superstars.

I believe he was correct.

/ Trying to buy - local dealer is non-responsive #34  
He also taught me that 90% of the work is done by 10% of your employees. He called them super stars and was very clear. Take good good care of your superstars.

I believe he was correct.

This has been my experience. And only 50% of the 10% will do the work without complaint. I suspect the number that do most of the work will decrease. It is increasingly more difficult to find people that willing to work these days. I have several open positions and most people have not made it past the first interview. They seem to want high wages and work 20 hours a week. :confused3: