Trucks! Geez....

/ Trucks! Geez.... #71  
You are nuts. 73K for a toaster, no way Jose'.
Do I need to report you for name calling or are you going to report yourself? You figure out how to spend your 73,000 and I'll decide how I spend my $73,000 okay!

/ Trucks! Geez.... #72  
Toyota was suppose to come out with a new Land Cruiser this year, but it appears they are delaying. So I guess I will continue to rock my current one. You really can't kill them. I decided to put some new wheels on it to keep it fresh, just don't know if I like them. The two big trucks have another 4 years before I will rotate them out.View attachment 737625
That is a sweet looking 200 series. Toyota is rolling out a new cruiser internationally, but will only sell the Lexus version here.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #73  
My dad had a 40 series for years, then for some reason he sold it. He still kicks himself to this day for getting rid of it. When he got rid of it, he got a 1988 toyota truck (the grey one). We have had that truck at the ranch since then. It was the UTV before anyone knew what a UTV was. In 1991 he bought another toyota truck (the red one). They got abused for years as ranch trucks. Which is a testament to their toughness. I took over the 1988 after I graduated college and started to fix it up about 15 years ago. Put in a new motor, had a fiberglass bed made for it, painted it etc. We just got done painting the red one this past fall. Now that our cabin is done, we don't need to take the big trucks up as much and these will be our trucks that go the cabin. Which they are perfect for. One thing about the pre tacoma trucks, they are the best examples of over engineering I've ever seen. Everything on that truck is made to be rebuildable, not consumable. Plus you can practically fix anything with a small bag of spare parts. It's the only truck, besides my Land Cruiser, that I, plus their just tough as nails, they don't make them like than anymore. trust to take far into the back country.
View attachment 737879 View attachment 737878 View attachment 737880
Those are tough little trucks that can go anywhere. It’s nice to have something that you can work on and rebuild yourself.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #74  
I ordered a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn on 7/7/21 and got it delivered mid November 2021. My window sticker was $86,775 back then, I went to the RAM build website and picked out my exact options today.... $90,705. And at midnight tonight Ram is tacking on an additional $1300 to the base price of 3500 series trucks making my window sticker if ordered tomorrow $92,005.
Still driving my 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie. 262,000 at the moment. Bought it new in Oct of 2012 when they were clearing them out for the 2013 models. Paid $54,000. $14,000 off sticker. It's hard to believe what this same truck is selling for now.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #75  
Still driving my 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie. 262,000 at the moment. Bought it new in Oct of 2012 when they were clearing them out for the 2013 models. Paid $54,000. $14,000 off sticker. It's hard to believe what this same truck is selling for now.

It's not the same at all. There are Tradesmans of today with more safety, convenience and comfort features in them than your 2012. Your trusted steed doesn't have near the tech and safety that the new ones do.

Mine has 5 cameras with 360 view, front rear and side sonar, crash mitigation system, Harmon Kardan 19 speaker system, adaptable cruise control, premium leather heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel and rear seats, digital rear view mirror, power folding side mirrors, power mirror glass on both the main and spot glass, multiple trailer profiles stored into the 12 color touch screen interface, power automatically deployed side steps, remote deployed tailgate latch, soft open tailgate, all LED lighting, headlights that turn as you do into curves, stronger engine and stronger frame. The trucks are getting close to being autonomous, the safety integrated into especially the higher end trucks is fantastic.

You paid $54k with none of today's tech or safety, I paid $78 with the whole enchiladas.

2012 - 2022 is apples to oranges comparison.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #76  
It's not the same at all. There are Tradesmans of today with more safety, convenience and comfort features in them than your 2012. Your trusted steed doesn't have near the tech and safety that the new ones do.

Mine has 5 cameras with 360 view, front rear and side sonar, crash mitigation system, Harmon Kardan 19 speaker system, adaptable cruise control, premium leather heated and cooled front seats, heated steering wheel and rear seats, digital rear view mirror, power folding side mirrors, power mirror glass on both the main and spot glass, multiple trailer profiles stored into the 12 color touch screen interface, power automatically deployed side steps, remote deployed tailgate latch, soft open tailgate, all LED lighting, headlights that turn as you do into curves, stronger engine and stronger frame. The trucks are getting close to being autonomous, the safety integrated into especially the higher end trucks is fantastic.

You paid $54k with none of today's tech or safety, I paid $78 with the whole enchiladas.

Alpine premium sound, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated stearing wheel, DVD entertainment system and will tow everything I need it for with ease. Still putting out 800 lbs of torque without a tune.. For $24k I can skip the extra cameras and a few extra gadgets you mentioned. Given the option to repurchase the same truck I have now at $54 or a new one with a few extra gadgets for $80+ I would take mine everytime. Looking at almost $30k pricing increase which was my point. Glad you like your gadgets enough to justify that price. I don't which is why I'm still driving my 2012.

Last edited:
   / Trucks! Geez.... #77  

True...but not everyone wants or needs all those bells & whistles (which a large percentage of it is). I'm not saying bring back the days of rubber floor mats, 3 in the tree and vinyl seats but when I'm buying a truck I'm looking for a work vehicle, not a luxury barge full of of tech-y stuff I'll never use.

/ Trucks! Geez.... #78  
It's not the same at all. There are Tradesmans of today with more safety, convenience and comfort features in them than your 2012.
Just built a new one online. Used the standard 6.7 instead of high output to put it comparable to my 2012 6.7 HO. The 2022 would have power folding mirrors, rain sense wipers, auto high beams, power release tailgate, and an extra 50lbs of torque. Everything else is the same. 2022 is $82,815. So very much the same truck for $29k more.

Last edited:
   / Trucks! Geez.... #79  
Yup. Don’t know if I’ll ever buy a new truck again. My 2016 F150 XLT Supercrew with the 5.0 engine and 302A options package and some other stuff was only $46k after a $10k discount off MSRP, and that is in $Canadian, which back then would be around $30K US!

/ Trucks! Geez.... #80  
That is a sweet looking 200 series. Toyota is rolling out a new cruiser internationally, but will only sell the Lexus version here.

I have heard that. I also heard they will release a LC branded new design in 2024. Who knows. I just hope they keep the rock solid capability and reliability. If it can't last 40 years before a major rebuild, they're doing something wrong.