Truck winches

/ Truck winches
So I just found a barely used Ramsey 15K winch for $1,000. Looks like it was used once and the seller put it away in his garage. New it is over $2,500.

I read a lot about winches in the last month.

Ramsey and Therin are the only small electric winches still made 100% in USA.
Even WARN has started buying cheaper Asian made components.
Sherpa also has Chinese components, but they are designed & assembled in Australia.

So now it’s down to $2,000 for a new 25K Sherpa or $1,000 for a used 15K Ramsey.….

Can’t decide, but having an extra $1,000 in my business bank account is very nice.

/ Truck winches #112  
I'd probably go with the Sherpa, unless comparing the specs tells me differently.

You can always use a snatchblock to make the Ramsey a 30K winch, but...Ramseys are quite slow as it is. Or at least they used to be.

Also, if you're a warranty minded person, a new one would have it.

/ Truck winches #113  
Just buy the 15k winch.. lol ....... Wow winches,scales, pick up trucks you need to quit spending money....

/ Truck winches #114  
Just buy the 15k winch.. lol ....... Wow winches,scales, pick up trucks you need to quit spending money....
What about scales??? I didn’t read that one!?!?

/ Truck winches #115  
Scale on the loader. Maybe he could hook the winch to it and see if it's really pulling 15K !

/ Truck winches #116  
I spent a lot of money when I was working, putting scales on forklifts, and found out they were more maintenance nightmare than they were of any real value

/ Truck winches
Thanks for the advice….dad. :rolleyes:

So a $1,000 scale and a used $1,000 winch and a $20,000 used truck for a successful business is “spending money” ? You obviously know very little about farming. :LOL:

Let’s see that’s $22,000 (if it all happens). Less than what someone here everyday spends for a hobby tractor or a diesel zero turn mower.

You gotta be kiddin me. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / Truck winches
I spent a lot of money when I was working, putting scales on forklifts, and found out they were more maintenance nightmare than they were of any real value
That’s good to know. This scale is electronic and “t” s into hydraulic line.
Look familiar?

1707090626359.jpeg

/ Truck winches
I'd probably go with the Sherpa, unless comparing the specs tells me differently.

You can always use a snatchblock to make the Ramsey a 30K winch, but...Ramseys are quite slow as it is. Or at least they used to be.

Also, if you're a warranty minded person, a new one would have it.
The Sherpa claims a 5yr warranty, but is it worth more than the paper it’s written on?
It would have to go back to Australia.

/ Truck winches
Scale on the loader. Maybe he could hook the winch to it and see if it's really pulling 15K !
What the hell are you talking about?
Troll someone elses thread jackwagon.