truck water tank rehab

/ truck water tank rehab #11  
I'd only be afraid that with that much rust the metal woould be so thin that it wouldn't hold the weight of the water and it could split............

/ truck water tank rehab #13  
Soundguy, check out Henry's roofing materials. We used the roofing tar that has bentonite clay mixed in with it to seal our water tank. Over 2 years and no leaks yet. It just brushes on. Cheap, easy, and so far so good. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good luck, Brian

/ truck water tank rehab
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One job ?

Rent a truck thats reliable.
)</font>

Only place that rents water tankers around here is cat.. and for a cool 1800+$ a month.. they'd haul one out for us. Since the thing will sit idle all but an hour a day.. that's like paying 1800$ for 20 hrs work a month. As I said.. this is a temp use thing.. just dropping some water on the roadway at peak traffic to control dust. If we rented one.. we might as well load it with money and let it fly out over the street /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

/ truck water tank rehab #15  
I'd vote for drylock also. Two coats. I put it on my basement concrete block walls with a big brush. It has portland cement and rubber in it. Can there be adequate ventilation while whatever you use is being applied?

/ truck water tank rehab #16  
Soundguy what kind of truck is it? All the sealers are good advice but if its about to be junked Id be interested in buying it if its road worthy. We need a water truck but the way we water a few pinholes wont bother us as we fill it up each run. Just give make model and year abd capacity. Id rather reuse it than see it go to the junk heap.

/ truck water tank rehab
It looks like the owner may cut the rear off the tank and re-skin the bottom with 11 gauge to extend the life.

If we don't go that route and Do junk it out, I'll put your name down.

Soundguy

/ truck water tank rehab #18  
Thanks Soundguy, if they dont save it id be interested, I just cant stand to see something go down like that. Id give scrap price plus 10%.