Truck tailgate; My favorite work table

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
Just occurred to me is all.

It's the one "work area" that's always clean. Strong. Portable. Right height. Easy to take with you :thumbsup:

Another good reason to own a truck.

That's all, just an observation.

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #2  
I usually use my loader bucket saves the back with most heavy things and is adjustable height.

tom

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #3  
Since my garage is stuffed full of stuff, the ol' F one-fitty tailgate is my usual workbench.

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #4  
handy isn't it? I must admit I have used mine more than once. for a bench or just a table for all the tools I might have out for a project around the front of the house/garage area. We own a car, and I suppose it is useful, (it is the wifes) I avoid driving it, I hate getting in and out of them. give me my Silverado any time. I enjoy driving it, and getting in and out is a breeze, even tho it is a 4 wheel drive and you have to "hop up" a little to get in. I just feel so much more at home with a truck. My 2 cents.
James K0UA

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #5  
Just occurred to me is all.

It's the one "work area" that's always clean. Strong. Portable. Right height. Easy to take with you :thumbsup:

Another good reason to own a truck.

That's all, just an observation.

It's also the best place I've found to sharpen a chainsaw. Plus it makes a perfect seat if you get tired. ;)

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table
... for a bench or just a table for all the tools I might have out for a project around the front of the house/garage area.

Oh, and it kinda forces you to clean up your project when you're done, assuming you want to drive the truck & don't want your tools/ project flyin' everywhere. :)

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #7  
Tailgate right there w/vice grips also hot cup of coffee..makes life heck of a lot easier at times. :)

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #8  
Good call out. I have always said that a truck is nothing more than a different tool.

My work areas in the shop are always covered in stuff and the tailgate is a great alternate. It's interesting having owned a variety of trucks my current Dodge has a really heavy sturdy gate. I've had others that were much lighter, I wonder why they make them so different.

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #9  
Oh, and it kinda forces you to clean up your project when you're done, assuming you want to drive the truck & don't want your tools/ project flyin' everywhere. :)

You've given me an idea:D I need to make alll my workbenches fold up, automatically at the end of the day...maybe that will cure my Pile-it disease:thumbsup:

/ Truck tailgate; My favorite work table #10  
You've given me an idea:D I need to make alll my workbenches fold up, automatically at the end of the day...maybe that will cure my Pile-it disease:thumbsup:

Pile-it disease. Love it, you made me laugh out loud. I have that too! :laughing: