truck sno plow mounted to fel

/ truck sno plow mounted to fel #1  

MAYOR8020

Bronze Member
Tractor
new holland tc 40a
i have a tc 40 new holland w/ 16 la fel i am going to put a 96" myers plow
on it my ? is the rams on a plow are a one way type what i mean is the ram thats being powered pushes the other one empty
will a third valve kit to fel. allow this to happen. i dont have the valve kit yet
but what i think is that these lines will be both powered am i making any sense ? if anyone can help that would be great
thanks dws:confused: :confused:

/ truck sno plow mounted to fel #2  
Your SA (single acting) cylinders will work just fine. When the one port is pressurized, the other will be open to the return line.

User PineRidge also put a plow on his TC40, you can look at his HERE

/ truck sno plow mounted to fel
kennyd thanks for info i have looked @ pine ridge but no mention of add. valves needed for sa rams like some have mentioned. do you have any pics of your fel plow ? im gonna post pics of my project. thanks again
dws

/ truck sno plow mounted to fel #4  
I have a 7-1/2 foot Fisher plow mounted to my fel and it is power angle. I had some long 1/4" hoses made up and plug them into my rear remote. I have been using this set up for 4 years now and it is a super set up. I have the quick attact and I can be changed back to my bucket in 5 minutes or less.

/ truck sno plow mounted to fel #5  
Mayor8020,
I'd make sure those cylinders are empty and clean before you hook them up... I think some of the plow units used power steering fluid and not hydraulic fluid.

You don't want to polute your tractor....

Regards,
Chris

Deerlope said:
I have a 7-1/2 foot Fisher plow mounted to my fel and it is power angle. I had some long 1/4" hoses made up and plug them into my rear remote. I have been using this set up for 4 years now and it is a super set up. I have the quick attact and I can be changed back to my bucket in 5 minutes or less.

THANKS for info on plow set up. i gona put on 3rd valve to fel cause i want to run grapple on forks for doing firewood. should work well slide forks under log length and pinch down lift and cut saves back + energy and make cuttin alot more fun :)

cmhyland said:
Mayor8020,
I'd make sure those cylinders are empty and clean before you hook them up... I think some of the plow units used power steering fluid and not hydraulic fluid.

You don't want to polute your tractor....

Regards,
Chris

thanks yes i plan to do this cause its been sittin in the hedge. its amazing what you can find in some old farmers hedge! this guy across the street has basicly set my entire sweet corn and pumpkin field up w/ hedge implements
plus i gotta buff the rams, they have a little rust on them. should be a fun little project i will keep posted w/ pics when i start praully 1 week
dws

/ truck sno plow mounted to fel #8  
MAYOR8020 said:
kennyd thanks for info i have looked @ pine ridge but no mention of add. valves needed for sa rams like some have mentioned. do you have any pics of your fel plow ? im gonna post pics of my project. thanks again
dws

HERE is a link to my plow project.
If you search "fel plow" and "fel snowplow" you will find lots more posts about them. But as I said, there is no problem hooking up your two SA cylinders.