Troy bult horse trans.

/ Troy bult horse trans. #1  

Wdycle

Tractor
Troy built Horse 1979
Hi, I'm in the process of replaceing the brass gear for the tine's. The housing that hold's this is screwed to the main trans. It look's like it was held in place with spot weld's. There are now hole's where the weld's may have been. How would I attach and re-seal this?? I was thinking maybe J-B weld? Sorry I forgot the following. Troy bult Horse Model # ? Serial #422520. Purchased in 1979 any help would be great! I've found the gear now I need to put it back together right.:confused:

/ Troy bult horse trans. #2  
All of the 15-20 horse tine shafts I have changed over the years. The tine case cover on the left side is held on by hex head screws that sit flush with the cover, so check closely and see what you find.

/ Troy bult horse trans.
The problem is where the housing connect's to the trans. The pipe that is screwed into the trans. itself is spot welded in place. The weld's are broken and now leak's oil and turn's which make's the tine's till un-even. I think I have it fixed now. Spot welded back in place and sealed. waiting for cure time and we'll see. if not time for a new tiller.:thumbsup: