Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #1  

bluegold

Tractor
Cu Cadet LT2042
I have a PTO Horse tiller that when I put it into reverse I need to hold the handle up in position to keep it moving. Is there an adjustment to fix this?
Thank you

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #2  
No. That is normal. You have to hold up to make the reverse disc contact the crank pulley. It’s a safety thing to keep people from backing over their toes/feet with the tines

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse
No. That is normal. You have to hold up to make the reverse disc contact the crank pulley. It’s a safety thing to keep people from backing over their toes/feet with the tines
Got it, kinda what I figured!
Thank you very much for confirming what I had thought.

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #4  
As a matter of fact Troy Bilt (Garden Way Manufacturing got sued in the 80’s by someone who was injured in a backing accident. They wouldn’t let go of the lever. Duh

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #5  
Only in America!

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #6  
Never hurt myself backing one up. Split my shin open on the time guard because I wasn't smart enough to lift the handle bars up rather than hang on when it hit a mat of wirey grass roots and started to tine walk on me. Think that I was about 16 at the time. Still have the scar on my shin!

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #7  
They had a Bronco name for them for a while. It was a "Bucking Bronco" !

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #8  
They had a Bronco name for them for a while. It was a "Bucking Bronco" !
I remember the old commercials with somebody fighting a front tine machine; "Torture" vs a Troybilt, with the guy running it one handed. They obviously didn't have rocks where that was filmed... or sod. I've chased mine down across the garden with the tires off the ground, when it caught a rock and took off like a shot.

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #9  
Absolutely they will run away. But I’m good worked garden soil you can run with one hand. I’ve done it many times. Especially when cultivating. You till in one row and walk in the next one to be tiller. No footprints in the garden when your done. Great machines!

/ Troy Bilt PTO Horse Reverse #10  
I had a Pro-Line Pony for 20 years and it tried to run away frequently, but I switched to Horse model couple of years ago and it has never done it so far.

It must be due to the difference in weight.

Pony
IMG_5146.1.jpg

Horse
3728 II.jpg

Last edited: