trouble posting pics

/ trouble posting pics #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Cannot get my latest pics uploaded. It states which files are valid instead of the link to the pic. Pics fall under "valid" types but will not upload. Used same camera and lens as before with no trouble. Any suggestions?

/ trouble posting pics #3  
Here is what I tried.
Uploading with the basic uploader, tried a 2.93MB file and a 320kb file (both jpgs, the smaller file was a resized version of the larger one).
Every time I tried to upload both files at the same time, it failed. When I tried to upload just the 320kb file, it worked fine:
IMG_20151214_225548 (Medium).jpg
I then switched to the advanced uploader and tried the big file again. It came back with a "413 Request Entity Too Large" error.
As such, I would suspect that the max file sizes listed are the new limits.
If you need to re-size pictures, I highly recommend Microsoft's Image Resizer PowerToy (https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/). It lets you right click on a file (or group of files), click "Resize Pictures", choose the size and they are all resized. No fuss, no muss, no hassles.

Aaron Z

/ trouble posting pics
Thanks Steve and Aaron. The resized download doesn't seem to work on my Mac that does not have windows. I am not getting a "too large" message but more as to which files are valid. No uploading to be had even though my file is one of the recommended types. I'll try reloading TBN and see if that does anything.

/ trouble posting pics #5  
I have a Mac and recently got error messages when attempting to post pics. I had forgotten to resize the pics I was posting. I think the size limit must be somewhere around 1MB & larger.

/ trouble posting pics #6  
Thanks Steve and Aaron. The resized download doesn't seem to work on my Mac that does not have windows. I am not getting a "too large" message but more as to which files are valid. No uploading to be had even though my file is one of the recommended types. I'll try reloading TBN and see if that does anything.
What does the error message say?

Aaron Z

/ trouble posting pics #7  
Same here. I tried posting some pics on New Years Day, but it would never happen. Eventually, the screen would just go back to the post and the uploader would disappear.

/ trouble posting pics #8  
Ah, I didn't realize that you have a Mac. Try the steps listed at Three Other Easy Ways To Resize Your Photos On A Mac to resize them using Preview. Just make sure the resulting size is under 1MB.

Aaron Z

/ trouble posting pics #9  
Same here. I tried posting some pics on New Years Day, but it would never happen. Eventually, the screen would just go back to the post and the uploader would disappear.
Yep, that is what it does if the size is too big. Today I tried it upload 5 pictures at once, like used to work, but it did what you said. I did one at a time and it worked.

I wish there was a error message to let people know why it didn't upload. :confused:

/ trouble posting pics
Ah, I didn't realize that you have a Mac. Try the steps listed at Three Other Easy Ways To Resize Your Photos On A Mac to resize them using Preview. Just make sure the resulting size is under 1MB.

Aaron Z

Thanks again Aaron. This link gave me the clue. It was certainly a size problem and agree with xfax that I wish it stated the particular error instead of what files were needed. Nothing about size.