Trimmer fix - Husqvarna 324L (Honda GX25 four-stroke engine)

/ Trimmer fix - Husqvarna 324L (Honda GX25 four-stroke engine) #1  

John Skull

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610H, John Deere D130
This is a great and powerful weed eater but there's a design flaw that crops up on many of them. It will start up fine and mostly run fine but tends to bog down at full throttle. The hose routing for the black rubber fuel line runs thru a stiff plastic protector tube, and behind a keeper on the housing. A crimp is created and starves the carb apparently. It looks like Husq did this to make room for you to access the primer bulb easily. This model uses the Honda GX25 4-stroke engine, and that's how I found info on this issue (there a few youtube videos on this fix under GX25).

To cure the problem I shortened and straightened both the black and clear fuel system lines, removing the hard plastic extra tube, and making a more direct route that's not behind the keeper. The primer bulb is a little harder to reach but that's no big deal for me. Finally got around to researching/addressing this problem while winterizing the unit. It runs great now at full throttle and with no hesitation when goosing it to full.

BTW, a great way to winterize your small engines is to remove all your "gas station" gas (with ethanol) from the unit, refill with engineered fuel (e.g. TruFuel from Lowe's) then run it 5 minutes or so to let it work thru the system. This fuel doesn't degrade over the winter and should give you an easy start next spring. Yes, it's expensive but worth it.

/ Trimmer fix - Husqvarna 324L (Honda GX25 four-stroke engine) #2  
I realize this is an old post but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! This was exactly what was wrong with mine. Again thank you.