Tree + House = Treehouse?

/ Tree + House = Treehouse? #1  

Ductape

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
Anyone else in the northeast get a good storm today? My friend sent me these pics tonight. Apparently he had an exciting day. Yes..... this is his house !

Attachments

• IMG_1177 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1177 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1182 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1182 (Small).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1185 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1185 (Small).JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1186 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1186 (Small).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1198 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1198 (Small).JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1203 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1203 (Small).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1204 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1204 (Small).JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1213 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1213 (Small).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 230
   / Tree + House = Treehouse? #2  
Hi Ductape,
We had a pretty violent storm come through Vt about noon time on sunday. Strong winds and very heavy rain but it only lasted about a half hour.

Sorry to hear about your buddies misfortune, so much for having large trees that close to your home !

/ Tree + House = Treehouse? #3  
Boy, that one tough house!
Any idea when it was built?

Thanks for the pics.

/ Tree + House = Treehouse?
The storm only lasted about fifteen minutes..... but i guess thats all it took. I recall us having a discussion about whos house was older, with him winning the contest by a few years. I'm thinking his house was built around 1880 or so. Talked to him today..... said the tree company was there within an hour ..... on a Sunday (!!!!!). It was around two grand to remove the tree, didn't sound bad considering it took a crane and a bucket truck (on a Sunday no less). Got the big blue roof till they can get a contractor in. Definitely could have been worse.

/ Tree + House = Treehouse? #5  
Mornin Ductape,
Hopefully your buddy has got good homeowners insurance !!! That is a beautiful old home !

/ Tree + House = Treehouse? #6  
If that had been a new home that tree could very well have gone all the way to ground level ... I'm surprised it did as little damage as it did. --- They sure built 'em right back when.

/ Tree + House = Treehouse? #7  
Big as that branch is the damage is not that great. Lucky. I saw the results of a local microburst of some sort in July that hit Sharon MA: there was an entire neighborhood that was ripped apart with some pretty bad damage while a quarter mile away there was no hint of damage. We don't usually get that sort of localized wind damage here in New England. Cannot remember if there has ever been a tornado in the past 20 years or so. Last Sunday was just a front coming through in the early evening but the winds were up to 40 knots or so.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA (A32908)
2006 CHEVROLET...
Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC Welding Power Source Single Phase (A33349)
Miller Dialarc 250...
International 3688 Tractor (A33041)
International 3688...
Brown Brontosaurus Stump Grinder (A33548)
Brown Brontosaurus...
John Deere 430 Round Baler (A33041)
John Deere 430...