Transport speed?

/ Transport speed? #1  

bjc68speed

Tractor
none
I"m new here and have a question I'm hoping you gentlemen can help me with. I am considering purchasing a BCS 853 or 749 but need to know do you use the transport speed while towing a loaded wagon or only in a no load situation. Then the next question is does anybody have any experience with the Powersafe transmission ? any good or bad ? I appreciate any info and opinions. Thank you.

/ Transport speed? #2  
Hi Bjc68speed :)

Welcome to this great forum!

I can recommend that you look at some of the older threads, as there is a lot of useful information there. Concerning the PowerSafe clutch and transport gear, this thread could be what you are looking for: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2-wheeled-tractors/231657-powersafe-clutch-bcs.html

The model numbers on the BCSs can be a bit confusing, but the BCS 749 in the US, is (almost) identical to the European BCS 740, which has been on the market over here for some years.

Best regards

Jens

/ Transport speed? #3  
:welcome: I only have experience with the powersafe transmission (although I am thinking of about how to get it to go faster). I think it is better because the engine doesn't cut out every time you let go of the operator presence control.
Hope that helps.

/ Transport speed?
Thanks for the responses. I don't think I was clear in what I was asking. What I am curious about is can the transport speed be used while hauling a load in a trailer? or do you need to use the lower gears ? Is the transport speed just for going from point A-B quickly unloaded? The reason I ask is that I don't have a large piece of ground and don"t see myself ever owning more than maybe 5 acres so trying to decide if an 853 with the transport speed is more beneficial or the convenience of the Powersafe clutch would work better for me. I see me maintaining a larger garden planting sprig and fall crops, snow blowing a large driveway and paved area and mowing about 1/2 an acre as of right now. I enjoy reading all your posts and find that there is a lot of knowledge here. Thanks in advance.

/ Transport speed? #5  
Hi! You can use transport speed with load. But with limit. Is your trailer have brakes. Is the road flat with no curve. Some years ago. I use my Grillo with trailer for going at the river for water. About half-mille. 3 barrels 2/3 full about 80-90 gals. With no problem. I do not use transport speed at full throttle . Good Luck Oldmech remorque2.jpg

/ Transport speed?
Thanks oldmech, that is exactly the info I was looking for. what is the practical limit of the gearing on the tractor in transport gear. Can I put 5-800 lbs. in the trailer and haul it in the transport speed or do I need to put it in a lower gear. If that is the case then I feel that the transport speed does nothing for me because I'm not moving long distances but the Powersafe would allow me to stop and empty the mower basket or move something while snow blowing without having to re-start.