Oil & Fuel Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work

/ Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work #1  

KuboB1200

Hi Folks,

I have a '95 B2100 that's developed a very small oil leak from the joint at the hydraulic pipe and oil filter mount. It looks like it's from the pipe that returns oil to the transmission as it leaves the filter mount. This looks like a simple fix and I have the two O rings which serve as the seal at the end of the pipe on the way.

Before I tear into things this weekend, I wanted to run this by you guys and see if you have any advice from past experience or replacement.

Thanks in advance.

K

/ Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work #2  
Clean the metal mesh filter/screen while you are at it.

/ Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work
Thanks, alchemysa. I'm planning on simply unbolting the spin on filter mount from the tractor frame and hopefully it will just slide off the ends of the intake and return lines.

We'll see.

K

/ Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work #4  
I just looked at the parts diagram for the larger L models (3710 and 4310, that would be mine:)) Those filter pipes have a tab with a hole in them, THrough that hole a bolt secures the pipe to the filter base. In other words, you must take out those two bolts for the pipes to slide out of the filter base and allow you to access the O-rings.

Hope this helps the job go smoother.

/ Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work #5  
Thanks, alchemysa. I'm planning on simply unbolting the spin on filter mount from the tractor frame and hopefully it will just slide off the ends of the intake and return lines.

We'll see.

K

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I may be wrong but I think you'll find theres also a metal mesh filter on the other side of the tranny. It just looks a bolt head. Its part 050 on the pdf attached. It filters the oil that goes to everything except the HST. If you are draining the oil, now would be a good time to remove the screen and clean it.

Get a free book of parts diagrams here... Kubotabooks.com

Attachments

• screen.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 126
   / Transmission Oil Filter Return Line Work
Cycle,

Right on. I had to loosen and remove both retainer bolts, one for each tube. I then loosened the spin on filter mounting bolt and then slipped the entire assembly (with filter attached) off the ends of the tubes. I then replaced the four O rings and reversed the process. The entire fix took around 20 minutes. Cross your fingers on whether it stopped the seepage. I saw no damage on the old O rings or on either tube.

Alch.., This work didn't require the oil be removed since there's a check valve in the system to stop any oil from draining out. I understand exactly where the oil pickup strainer is, and how to clean it, and I really appreciate your input. On my tractor, I've found that both the filter and screen can be removed/cleaned/replaced without draining the entire case of oil. I probably lost an ounce or less of oil during this O ring replacement process. Thanks guys, I'll let you know if it stopped the seepage.

K