trailer size

/ trailer size #1  

swnoel

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
It looks like I'll be getting a DK35 with loader and 8.5' hoe.

I would like some suggestions for proper trailer size.

thanks

/ trailer size #2  
Don't get any smaller than an 18' deck.
My DK 35 with loader and 6' brush hog is a tight fit to get my trailer ramps up on an 18' trailer.
I would recommend a 10,000 LB, 18 or 20' dual axle trailer with brakes on both axles.

/ trailer size #3  
Wolbert is correct.
I have a Mahindra 4110/FEL/11ft backhoe, and have the 18 ft 12000 GVW trailer. I'm sorry now I didn't go 20 ft minimum.

/ trailer size #4  
I've transported my Century 3045(no BH) on my 18' HD 7700 GVW car trailer a few times. It's OK for occasional use, but if I were to make a habit of it, I would get at least a 20' 10,000 GVW. I'd also consider a gooseneck/5th wheel if you have a pickup. We have a 3/4 ton Suburban and 1ton Dodge dually, I don't think I'd use a 1/2 ton based on my experience.
Curious what your final deal was with Kioti?
Pacesetter

/ trailer size #5  
This past spring,I sold my 16' 7000gvw trailer.The replacement trailer I bought is 18' 10000gvw. Both trailers have brakes on both axles(ct. st. law). I used my trailer today,I was loaded around 6000# all went great. I would recom. no less than a 18' trailer. The longer deck gives you the flexability to balance the load for proper tongue weight. I have found that an adjustment of only inches for/aft can make the difference of a safe and comf. trip or a disaster.The load cap. is a ditto. My first trailer had radial car tires,very inadequate,my new rig has 10pr trailer tires.Bigger is better.

/ trailer size #6  
As others have suggested a twenty foot 10,000 pound would also be minimum for me.

My trailer is a bumper hitch 10,000 pound rated with two 6000 pound axles and electric brakes. If it was a longer I'd be even happier.

Egon

Last edited: