Trailer side overhang?

/ Trailer side overhang? #1  

Fixastuff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey
Is this legal, 6" of side overhang? My mirrors stick out farther. I couldn't find anything about it being ok or not. I could mover it over to fit but it would make loading the drill very tight.

20230920_162325.jpg

Last edited:
   / Trailer side overhang? #2  
8' 6" is legal width.👍
Now that might mean that's were the side marker lights need to be but I'd imagine that 6" beyond would be fine.
I'd be a little concerned if that tank is filled with water without a similar load on the other side being offset like that.

/ Trailer side overhang?
8' 6" is legal width.👍
Now that might mean that's were the side marker lights need to be but I'd imagine that 6" beyond would be fine.
I'd be a little concerned if that tank is filled with water without a similar load on the other side being offset like that.
Thanks. I'm going to put it over the fender, that's how they make many of the newer mud pump trailers. When loaded with water and no machine it will only be going short distances at slow speeds. I don't go down the highway with water in it.

/ Trailer side overhang?
1000004642.jpg

This is a 500gallon tank. Mine is 300. I do wish mine was rectangle like that one though but not enough to spend 26k on it. Lol.

/ Trailer side overhang? #6  
If it isnt wider than the fender/wheels I dont see any issue at all.

My 8- bushhog overhangs the sides of my trailer but no more than the axles/fenders. And if this was a deckover of a 102" wide drop-deck trailer you'd have another 10-12" of deck there and wouldnt even be questioning.

/ Trailer side overhang? #7  
8' 6" is legal width.👍
I’d be very concerned about tongue weight. That’s a 250? Tank, about 2100 lbs full + similar load = ~ + 4000 lbs. 😳

/ Trailer side overhang?
Maybe I missed it, but are you doing directional boring?
Yes.
If it isnt wider than the fender/wheels I dont see any issue at all.

My 8- bushhog overhangs the sides of my trailer but no more than the axles/fenders. And if this was a deckover of a 102" wide drop-deck trailer you'd have another 10-12" of deck there and wouldnt even be questioning.
Thanks.
I’d be very concerned about tongue weight. That’s a 250? Tank, about 2100 lbs full + similar load = ~ + 4000 lbs. 😳
The tank is going to be moved back directly over the axles. This was the easiest way to get a picture of it.

I bought two drills, a 300g tank/mixer and a trailer. The trailer was for a dump truck or something the wheels were set very far back and this tank was welded sideways at the very front of the trailer.
Luckily I only had to go about 80ft from hydrant to bore location. Lol.

I should have told him to keep the trailer. I didn't pay attention to the wheel location. Even though it was the same length deck the wheels are 44" further back from the hitch than my other two and that really makes a difference.