Trailer mishap

/ Trailer mishap #1  

joshuabardwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
This happened as a vendor was leaving an event that I attended.

13 - 1.jpg

In case it's not obvious from the photo, the trailer has gone off the side of a small bridge over a creek.

/ Trailer mishap
Easy to do with long trailer and narrow road. Hope all ended up ok.

The guy phoned the site contact and abashedly begged for a tractor to come get him out. The site contact told him, "Tractor? You need a wrecker!" Once the wrecker got him out, he was on his way with no apparent harm done, except what his boss is going to do to him when he gets back to the office and has to explain the bill.

Good thing the carts were properly secured, or they'd have ended up in the creek, and the story wouldn't have ended so well.

/ Trailer mishap #4  
It's hard to tell but it looks like there's a curve in the road before that bridge. I bet the driver pays more attention from now on.

/ Trailer mishap
It's hard to tell but it looks like there's a curve in the road before that bridge. I bet the driver pays more attention from now on.

You're correct. Here's what it looked like. A relatively short right before crossing the bridge in the tree line.

6-17-2013 11-29-09 PM.png

Next time, maybe he'll just park on the other side and drive the golf carts out!

/ Trailer mishap
970556_646342338365_1014554837_n.jpg

Here's another pic somebody just posted. Looks like the tail of the trailer is what saved the whole thing from going in.

/ Trailer mishap #8  
Gooseneck trailers do a terrible job of following behind on curves and narrow roads.

That picture looks too familiar to me except that ours was a horse trailer off the side of our driveway with a 50' drop and two horses in it. It wouldn't have taken much more for the trailer to have drug the truck down the hill! My first call was to the vet, then to a towing company.

/ Trailer mishap #10  
Happy ending to what otherwise could have been a disaster and costly incident,;)

I've seen similar, A friend and his family invited my family out to a day on the lake in his new 21ft bayliner, we met at the boat launching ramps, which was down hill grade from the roadway,

We enjoyed the day and loaded the boat onto it's trailer, off he went with me fallowing, the road was curvy and with low shoulder on our side, This time he was pulling up hill when My friend found out the hard way,
( that not all trailers fallow the path of the towing vehicle) especially a wide trailer....

The trailer passenger side wheel dropped off the shoulder and the weight of the boat shift to that side, resulting in it sliding against a large pine tree that stood 4 ft off the roadway, it was the tree that kept the boat from sliding on down the hillside, My friend had a wrecker to pull it out, we notice many of the trees along the roadside had marks on them, so he didn't fill so bad,
A couple weeks later He had the boat on a tandem axle trailer, This particular boat ramp was the closest to his home and he planed to use it frequently and said he felt better knowing he has 4 wheels planted on the road rather than 2,;) I tend to agree:)