Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe

/ Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe #1  

GV40U

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430
I need some advice on buying a trailer before I buy a tractor (L3130 w/loader and backhoe). I'll be retiring soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and moving closer to my property /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif . I would like to buy the trailer to help move the durable household goods, shop tools and equipment, shelving, workbenches, small "fleet" of motorcycles and a couple of hundred perennial transplants from the CFO's garden. The plants are most important to my economic and social welfare, if the CFO aint happy, aint nobody happy /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. In any case, I want to make sure that the trailer fits the tractor I plan to buy after moving.
I'm looking at 10,000 lb. gvw trailers but am not sure if I need 18 foot, 20 foot or ? due to the length of the tractor+loader+backhoe or other attachments. I have a fair amount of trailer pulling experience so I understand that even if the equipment fits on the trailer, the trailer may not be long enough to move the tractor and attachments to the correct spot for proper weight distribution/tongue load. Thanks for any input you may have.

/ Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe #2  
18 would do, but if you can afford it 20 is better to allow more room for attachments and it will allow the hoe bucket to sit on the bed of the trailor. The 18 might allow that as well.

Andy

/ Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe #3  
Get the longest trailer possible for your weight classification.

Egon

/ Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe #4  
I have a Bri-Mar 12000 GVW a18 ft trailer. Although the correct weight is there, 18 ft is way too short. Unfortunately Bri-Mar hasn't any yet, over 18 in length.. The other make trailers I looked at (in this neighborhood) were over rated tin foil and of no interest to me. I have a 4110 Mahindra w/Bradco 11 ft, if you need perspective.

/ Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe #5  
If you go with a beaver tail which makes it nice loading and unloading the tractors with hoes so they don't dig in you have another problem with the tails dragging going in and out of driveways. I think 18 or 20 foot would be more then enough.

/ Trailer Length, L3130 With Loader and Hoe #6  
18' Is fine, I lust picked up a L48 TLB on my 18" 5TON Hudson.
Danny