Trailer buying

/ Trailer buying #1  

Anonymous Poster

Can any one out there help me out on what size/brand of trailer for L3830 with fel/backhoe. Thanks ---Shane

/ Trailer buying
Shane I have a L3010 on a 6'10" wide 20 foot land 12,000 pound anderson trailer including a 2 foot dove tail. With the loader and rear finish mower it talkes approx 18 feet of the trailer with the box blade it takes approx. 16 feet of the trailer. I would not have purchased a smaller trailer this allows me to postion the load were I want it and haul some other items on the trailer at the same time.

Attachments

• 271165-Trucktracttrailercrop.jpg
    271165-Trucktracttrailercrop.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 330
   / Trailer buying
Thanks BradK, that's a very nice trailer. I was looking between 16 and 18ft. but 20 ft. appears to be more feasible. Is that a 20ft. with a 2ft. dovetail or 18ft. with a 2ft. dovetail?

/ Trailer buying
It is 20 feet overall 18 feet flat 2 foot dovetail.

Thanks Boone

/ Trailer buying #6  
The dealer just brought home my L3130 last week. They used an 18 footer to trailer it in. The Bush Hog was actually hanging off the back by a good two feet. We drove about 75 miles and the driver didn't seem to be concerned.

BotaRioux.jpg

Your tractor is basically the same size (maybe a couple of inches longer). Kinda crowded on there huh? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Trailer buying #7  
Bradk,what size truck are you using to tow with? I have an L3830 on order and I was considering that 20' Anderson trailer that you have. I have an F150 with 4.6 engine and I think the combined weight of tractor and trailer will be pushing the limit IF I have to trailer it anywhere. Thanks for your help! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Trailer buying
Indiantownsmith I am using a dodge ram 1500 4X4 to pull the trailer. If you are buying one locally I would avoid Lakeland trailer in Hobe Sound when i bought my trailer they were $400 more than Jones in Okeechobee. Also my neighbor told me he paid less than Jones in Okeechobee from Allpro and they delivered it to him.

Attachments

• 271880-Truck.jpg
    271880-Truck.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 156
   / Trailer buying #9  
I'd go with a 20' equipment trailer. I have a L3130 with loader, backhoe and a 18' trailer, 16' plus 2' dovetail. The length itself is ok but getting it balanced is another story. Without the backhoe I just drive most all the way forward and its ok. With the backhoe(1300#) I have to hang the bucket past the front rail about a foot.

Then there is the weight rating to consider. Mine is rated at 7000#. When buying that trailer I NEVER dreamed I would have a tractor let alone a backhoe. With the backhoe I'm a 200-300# over weight.

With a 20' 10000# or 12000# equipment trailer you'll have some extra room for other stuff and the rated capacity to carry it.

/ Trailer buying #10  
Hi Shane,
Check with P&J Trailer Sales about 1 mile south of Paintsville on US 23 (the place on the side of the hill). He's got a lot of trailers and gets new shipments all the time. He's also a Bota owner, as matter of fact seeing his Bota in action was a MAJOR factor in my buying a my B7500.