Trailer brakes

/ Trailer brakes #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
We just got a 19 F150 for a run around truck. It did not come with a trailer brake controller and I have one on order.. my question is weather electric trailer brakes will work without one ? Anyone know ?

/ Trailer brakes #4  
Your new truck is probably already wired for the installation however.....that helps a lot.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Trailer brakes
The module is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Should be a relatively easy installation.. then off to the dealer to flash the computer so the truck knows it痴 there... it is ridiculous that Ford puts a hitch and plug on the truck and calls it a tow package.. but no break controller ...

/ Trailer brakes #7  
What controller have you gone for.
We have 3 Tekonsha Prodigy controllers on our vehicles and have found them very reliable, electric brakes on horse float, boat and caravan, all brakes on a single axle but they will control 3 if you choose to have brakes on more than one axle.

/ Trailer brakes
What controller have you gone for.
We have 3 Tekonsha Prodigy controllers on our vehicles and have found them very reliable, electric brakes on horse float, boat and caravan, all brakes on a single axle but they will control 3 if you choose to have brakes on more than one axle.

I installed it today, I went with the OEM Ford unit. It plugged right in and fits in a little slot specifically made for it in the dashboard.
I'm getting it programmed to the truck on Saturday morning. It's nice to be able to adjust it on the dash and select which trailer I hook up too from the trailer tow menu.

/ Trailer brakes #9  

What a coincidence - I just saw part of this movie on TV today over lunch. I had never heard of trailer brakes that operate with a completely separate handle.

/ Trailer brakes #10  
I installed it today, I went with the OEM Ford unit. It plugged right in and fits in a little slot specifically made for it in the dashboard.
I'm getting it programmed to the truck on Saturday morning. It's nice to be able to adjust it on the dash and select which trailer I hook up too from the trailer tow menu.

I’m also surprised that the towing package didn’t include a brake controller. I initially thought you might have been mistaken. I checked Ford’s website, and I didn’t even see a separate option for a brake controller.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

(10) 4X5 ROUND BALES OF BERMUDA/CLOVER HAY... YOUR BID X 10 (A34808)
(10) 4X5 ROUND...
2018 CAT 336FL HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR SN:CAT0336FERKB20156 powered by Cat C9.3 diesel engine, equipped (A34907)
2018 CAT 336FL...
2019 CASE 2050M CRAWLER TRACTOR SN:NHC109063 powered by diesel engine, equipped with EROPS, air, (A34907)
2019 CASE 2050M...
Sany SY50 MP Hydraulic Thumb (A34573)
Sany SY50 MP...
2492 HYD BRUSH CUTTER (A34733)
2492 HYD BRUSH...
John Deere 7220 (A34573)
John Deere 7220...