Price Check Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much?

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #1  

2516hst

Tractor
Mahindra 2516HST
My current Mahindra 2516 is a bit long in the tooth. It has been a wonderful little tractor but I am looking to trade up. I stopped by my local Kioti dealer and they have a used 2017 CK3510SE HST that includes the 3rd port up front, 64" Blizzard blower, factory cab with AC, heat and CD Player....but has 700hrs at only 2 year old. There are still 3 years left on the warranty they said and they are asking $25k and after a little bit of talking they are at a solid $24k.

I have been looking at brand new as well and looking at the LS brand as well as another Mahindra. Brand new equiped like this Kioti is pushing over $30k. I think $24k is pretty good for what I get but 700hrs seems high and I am wondering if I should hold out or jump on it. I researched like crazy but am having a hard time determining if $24k is a good deal for this tractor.

Thanks for any opinions.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #2  
You didnt say what they offered you for your trade. That would make a big difference if the offered a really good trade-in price to go along with it.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much?
Thanks for the reply. At this time I am not trading it as I have multiple places and may just keep the small one.

I wanted to clarify this reply I made. Sounded like I changed my mind to buy the Kioti...I plan to have both tractors is what I meant but just not sure if the Kioti is a good buy.

Last edited:
   / Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #4  
I dont know what the snowblower is worth, but I recently picked up a 2017 nx4510 cab hydro with 3rd function, extra remote, loader, and radio with 55 hours on it for $25.5k. My first impression is that the price is high.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #5  
I have purchased several tractors over the last 20+ years. I have always done what feels right for me & meets my needs at the time. I have been reading pricing forums for many years. No matter what the price on a new or used tractor, someone else always got a better deal.
You should buy the equipment that you believe is right for you.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #6  
Brand new equiped like this Kioti is pushing over $30k.

Like $30,500 or $34,500???

I tend to agree with NetbyTractor, $24k seems high, but you are getting the blower with it. Does the blower work? Does the dealer have the tractor maintenance records? 700 hours is fine if all of the maintenance was done on time and complete. I have 850+ hard hrs on my Mahindra 2538, and runs like the day it was delivered. But I take care of it too...

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #7  
I’m not too sure what seems to be the problem with the hours on the tractor 700 hours or even 850 seems like a tractor should be just past its break in period. These machines should be made to be up over 5000 hours before any major maintenance. If they cannot handle this kind of hours then maybe they arent that good of a deal.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #8  
Just look it over real good, drive it and pull the dipstick. If the oil is clean it kind of tells you how it's been taken care of. The hours would not bother me if the oil has had regular changes.

You could always offer less and be prepared to walk away....see if they chase you down and accept your offer.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much? #9  
Depends on where you live and if a blower will be useful to you. I wouldn’t be afraid of the hours, in any event, especially if you have some warranty left.

/ Trading Up to a 2017 CK3510SE HST am I paying Too Much?
Well I got price quotes from the following dealers for a brand new tractor.

Mahindra
LS
Kioti
Yanmar

All similarly equiped. Priced were different but not terribly different.

I went back to the used Kioti. Got him to lower it another grand so he has gone down 2k and its the lowest he will go. I took it out for a spin today and it operates like it's new.

Think I will be going with the used one since it is almost 10k less than a new similarly equiped one. I still have another 3yrs on the powertrain.